Purpose & Scope
- Through data science and analytical techniques drive price optimization and enhanced profitability.
- Develop, communicate and continuously improve price performance and optimization metrics across the globe. This expectation will include, but not limited to;
- Price determination process efficiency and effectiveness
- Price realization or the estimated financial impact of price changes and distribution special discounts, as implemented.
- On-time execution of long term agreements (LTAs) and annual agreements (PARs) at defined steps in the business process workflow.
- Report analytics in win/loss performance and competitive price points and make recommendations to improve both
- Report Timken’s price positioning by unique market, product, region and customer segments identifying over/under priced product and submitting corrective action solutions.
- Identify, codify, communicate and continuously improve business processes, standards, and work instructions for all price analytics.
- Identify, develop and implement sophisticated price analytical techniques and build the necessary data bases that provide unique and impactful insights into price performance optimization opportunities. Provide solutions to price and field sales management that will drive both improved order win/loss and improved profit margins.
- Improved profitability through price guidance
- Improved order win/loss performance through price guidance
- Improved management metrics that strengthen our management’s ability to drive improvements
- Along with regional pricing managers, drive continuous improvement across all business processes and decisions that are tracked via our suite of metrics.
- Along with regional pricing managers, improve the productivity of our regional pricing teams
- Build and deploy sophisticated price analytical tools that deepen understanding of price optimization
- Business person responsible for working with BPO to continuously improve our pricing business processes and metrics and reporting.
Bachelor’s degree in Data science, Business, Industrial Engineering, or Finance with a minimum of 12years work experience in Industrial Engineering, data science, business or finance (such as data management, L6S, accounting, P&L, balance sheet, marketing) and statistical analysis (such as Pricing science, economic modeling, statistical modeling, development of decision support models). Master’s degreepreferred with 10 years’ work experience.
- Bearing product knowledge preferred
- Experience in driving continuous improvement
- Technical and business acumen
- Pricing Science knowledge
- Experience with SAP, PROs, CRM