The Global Payments Manager role will develop and execute payment andmarketing strategies associated with gift card, alternative payments, existing payment types and emerging payment types. This role works cross-functionally with stakeholders on Global Payment Agility team to optimize QVC paymentslandscape and deliver more frictionless ways to pay for customers.
Job Description Details
Develop and Lead strategy and engagement for gift card program expansion though new and existing channels and markets. Focus on driving scalable business results using gift cards as both acquisition and retentionmarketing tools through innovation, partnerships, promotions and more.
Alternative Payments and PayPal:
Develop vision and strategy to grow QVC payments landscape through partnering with alternative payment providers in an effort to give QVC customers more ways to pay, to acquire new customers and reducing QVC’s payments liability and costs.
EU Payments Processing:
Lead liaison on key projects associated with developing a payments platform that allows for secure and flexible payments processing for EU and UK markets. Identify and communicate opportunities to leverage global partners and vendors for increased efficiencies and cost savings.
- Manage the complete gift card life cycle - from strategic planning to day to day tactical activities: Order Placement, Fulfillment, Inventory, Merchandising, Market Resets, Marketing, Creative, Settlement, Escheat Reporting, consideration of tax, legal and IT implications of program.
- Establish the mission, goals and supporting business metrics and indicators for a best in class gift card product.
- Drive growth in existing businesses through enhancements to program.
- Drive distribution expansion into alternative gift card saleschannels; including B2B, retail, loyalty, rewards, incentives and scrip markets.
- Measure performance with use of vendor provided tools (and eventually internally developed metrics) to develop and maintain regular reports across all gift card channels.
- Build network of internal stakeholders to help manage gift card business through transparent collaboration and communication.
- Manage existing strategic and tactical relationships with gift card vendors; build and maintain network of potential vendors.
- Maintain understanding of legal and regulatory aspects of gift card market and how changes may impact the delivery, redemption and ownership of funds.
Point of contact for all QVC gift card questions for business, including backend financial and checkout gift card processes, as well as support for Customer Service inquiries and issues.
- Manage ad-hoc, prioritized requests across the organization for promotional use of gift cards, including creative, card production and back-end invoicing.
Alternative Payments and PayPal:
- Business Lead on PayPal Project:
- In partnership with Procurement, Legal, IT and Finance, ensure all teams adhere to commercial terms of contractual agreement.
- Communicate product vision, core position and messaging of priorities to internal and external stakeholders. Consider and leverage QVC affiliates during all parts of PayPal life cycle.
- Build and maintain day-to-day PayPal relationship pre and post launch.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders for project planning and delivery by contributing to development of guidelines, policies and procedures to facilitate that implementation of PayPal products and services.
- Internal and External Accounting and Financial Reporting to Ensure Program Profitability
- Customer Service Experience and Education
- IT/UX/Digital Integrations, Considerations and Experience
- Marketing Program Development – Supporting 150K NN objective, as well as driving PayPal adoption and usage rates by delivering market facing programs and effective product launch support.
- Partner with CI&A to Quantify NN to QVC through PayPal
- Facilitate alignment on financial settlements, back-end office considerations, etc.
- Facilitate Synchrony, QVC and PayPal IT teams (and other teams, as needed) to deliver QCard in PayPal wallet, if decided.
- Manage match-back process with 3rd party and PayPal for New Name Commitment fulfillment, ensuring all PII/Data Security thresholds are satisfied.
- Support QVC efforts to remove Bill Me Later from use and transition to the use of PayPal Credit via PayPal Wallet: internal and external communication and strategy TBD.
- Post launch, manage long term strategy as well as day to day operations of PayPal Business, including, but not limited to:
- Implementation of new alternative payment types via Braintree (ApplePay, Venmo)
- Weekly business meetings tracking NN success, Chargeback and Bad Debt Rates, Marketing Campaigns, Monitoring Sales Volume Tier for Transaction Pricing (inclusive of zulily status)
- Trouble-shooting and problem solving for short and long term issues as they arise.
- Evaluate all alternative payment types in US and global markets for consideration. Make recommendations for future landscape of digital payments for QVC based on evaluation.
- Establish and maintain relationships with providers such as ApplePay, Visa Checkout, ChasePay, etc.
EU Payments Processing
- Understand emerging payments industry, landscape and technology to provide strategic and competitive analysis for executive consideration.
- Lead changes to payments landscape within QVC in response to marketplace trends and/or consumer demand.
- Develop long and short term objectives, strategies and tactical plans for emerging payment types to lead to increased revenue growth and customer engagement.
- Ensure QVC is well-positioned (Global Payments Agility) to offer new products and services to customers.
- Act as Project Manager and business contact on European Payment Processing consulting project with Accenture.
- Facilitate meetings of Accenture with stakeholders.
- Provide business guidance and support as appropriate and as needed.
Special Projects, Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned
- Complete special projects and ad hoc initiatives as assigned by Sr. Manager, QCard & Loyalty Products; develop plan of action, coordinate resources needed, resolve issues, and implement all necessary steps to achieve desired results.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance, Communications or related field
- Experience: 5-7 years in Marketing, Retailing, or other business related field with a concentration in Project Management
- Prior project management / payments experiencepreferred.
- Proactive, self-directed individual with proven ability to independently manage multiple projects, balancing strategy with day-to-day execution.
- Ability to both influence and collaborate with others, adjusting quickly to changing priorities, aggressive timelines and multiple objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proven executive communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Demonstrated analytical skills. Ability to quickly derive and apply insights from research and analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Experience managing vendors a plus