About the Team: We are a team of experienced leaders and marketers with a strategic and creative mindset whose mission is to establish, build and maintain positive relationships with third party publishers and developers by understanding their portfolio, evangelizing their products and delivering best in class client service. We develop marketing strategies and business opportunities to innovate and integrate third party experiences with our brand to build a long-term value for PlayStation and our publishing partners.
About the Role: As a Global Partner Marketing Manager you are a leader within the Global Third Party Relations department, responsible for shaping the global strategy and operational direction of marketing for your designated accounts and key partnerships. The role encompasses segmentation strategy, cross-functional communication, and competitive analysis with a key focus on data-driven decision making and lifecycle management to grow and deliver on account goals and KPIs. Designated accounts will mainly consist of Japanese gaming publishers.
- Own the global marketing planning and strategy for designated third party publishers and their applicable partner titles. This requires collaborating with the Global leads from Account Management, Platform Marketing as well as Store & Services to determine aligned priorities and delivering rollout plans to each region.
- Work closely with the Global leads from Strategy & Planning, Platform Marketing, Media as well as Store & Services to understand trends, markets and segmentation per region to influence global strategy.
- Driving consumer engagement and acquisition strategies to optimize lifecycle management including defining segmentation, message matrices, testing & optimization plans and defining measurements for success for your accounts.
- Co-lead partnership KPI and commercial goal setting with Global Account Lead and Global Store & Services lead. Drive and own all marketing goal setting globally. Communicate performance internally and externally with strategic advice and analysis on measurable analytics by leveraging platform data and providing your partners strategic advice and best practices.
- Developing partnership narrative and platform advantage messaging to be used across marketing efforts globally.
- Track and report competitive activities (platform, publisher, title) and proactively work closely with regional marketing stakeholders to understand changing market dynamics to influence regional and global campaigns.
- Own and be accountable for global contractual marketing commitments from beginning to end. This includes oversight of plans, message strategy, go-to market consolidation and reporting – ATL campaigns, Retail Marketing, PlayStation Store, BTL.
- Serve as the trusted point of contact for assigned accounts by monitoring overall health, identifying challenges, translating business needs into solutions, advocating internally at SIE for account, proactively providing best practices and remaining highly engaged and focused on account needs.
- Line manager, working closely with two line reports to maximize strengths, identify areas for improvement and support career development. This includes coaching, supervision and assessment along with setting employee monthly and quarterly objectives. One line report will be based in San Mateo, CA the other in London, UK.
- Lead special projects as assigned e.g., competitive landscape analysis, global process enhancements, dynamic marketing testing.
- Partner with the Global Account Lead and Partner Marketing Group Manager to monitor performance of accounts, including partnerships, and provide campaign management along with marketing strategy recommendations to improve performance.
- Uses audience analytics and social listening to drive content and paid social recommendations. Ability to roll out highly personalized, data-driven marketing campaigns e.g. custom creative, A/B test designs, etc.
- Represent the Partner Marketing team as the principal contact for designated accounts and deliver professional presentations at internal summits and training events in front of key leaders and executives throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with assigned publishers to build and customize strategies to fuse both their priorities and PlayStation’s into a cohesive go-to market plan.
- Liaise with internal and external agencies to develop content narratives that tell our platform story and are compelling to our audience. All remaining on brand and within budget.
- Manage designated Partner Marketing budget to ensure actuals are delivered in a timely fashion and on/under forecast.
- Foster a fun and creative learning environment built on trust and openness.
- At least 7+ years of Brand, Product or Partner Marketing experience within gaming or top companies of entertainment preferred.
- Marketing experience in Japan or for a Japanese company
- Western marketing influence or experience preferred
- Bilingual in English and Japanese (verbal and written)
- Must be willing to work in Tokyo for a minimum of 12 months
- Knowledgeable and confident in Japanese and Western business culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively and professionally cross-functionally as well as with our external partners to help everyone succeed.
- A passion for storytelling and an ability to develop a theme around an initiative with a consistent voice.
- Understanding of the media landscape as well as brand or entertainment marketing strategy.
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to influence teams and individuals as well as effectively leverage and utilize resources and relationships for optimal results.
- Distinctive problem-solving, strategic-thinking, and analytical capabilities.
- Must apply quantitative analysis and business judgment to analyze the SIE business. Will identify opportunities based on analysis, current market conditions, and a complete understanding of both SIE and account objectives and plans. Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods.
- Motivated, self-starter, always looking to share acquired knowledge with others and actively seeks to apply within own projects.
- Adapt in cross-cultural organizations e.g. various geographic locations, cultural sensitivities, effective communication. International experience is a plus.
- An interest in, and knowledge of, video games is essential.
- Has leadership experience in managing, mentoring and inspiring a team.
- Highly computer, social media and technology literate including proficiency in MS Office and G Suite.
Help us to see you…
- Are collaborative, a team player and a creative problem solver
- Can influence at a senior level, working comfortably with senior teams internally and externally
- Are confident and empathetic in negotiations
- Are respectful, curious and an entrepreneur
- Have something we need …your X Factor
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.