Los Angeles, CA
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for pragmatic, customer-centric Global Operations Managers to join in a player-coach capacity. Salivating at the thought of building and growing client relationships while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the face of Flexport for a book of clients - you succeed when they do;
- Implement strategies to manage international supply chains;
- Hire, train, and develop Operations Associates;
- Identify and implement rate management strategies;
- Shepherd clients through the complexities of international trade; and
- Lead a squad in partnership with a Global Account Executive to drive Client Success, Operational Efficiency, and Revenue Generation.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS Degree;
- 4 years of experience in Logistics, Freight Forwarding, or Supply Chain; or 5 years of experience at a top consulting or investment banking firm
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.