The Global Network Manager oversees the design, deployment, and enhancement of a world class, global networkinfrastructure to support the growth of the business and to promote a highly available and stable computing environment. One of their initial focuses is drive the modernization of the legacy global network to meet functional, feature and performance requirements to support the company's digital transformation initiative.
This individual is a people, process, and technical expert. They lead a team of highly skilled Network Engineers, interact with the company’s functional leaders, lead the adoption of ITIL processes, and employ network automation, DevOps and software-defined networking (SDN) principles to increase the efficiency, reliability, performance and agility of the company's global network.
This individual must have successful experience leading a global network function in a fast-paced environment, one who possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent business communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems.
- Serve as a role model and mentor who provides hands-on leadership and guidance to the global network team, utilizing each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Lead network due diligence, problem deconstruction, deterministic requirements planning, and solution advocacy across a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Assess, design, implement and support high performance, secure, and resilient global networkinfrastructure.
- Monitor the global network performance, conduct capacity planning, and be proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure continued responsiveness and operational stability of the network and related services supporting the lines of business.
- Lead the global networking team throughout the various project phases: analysis, development, QA, implementation and support.
- Provide direction and subject matter expertise in the analysis and resolution of complex networking problems.
- Actively participate in emerging technology investigation and evaluation that support the Company's business goals.
- Champion efforts to standardize processes, technologies, and automate routine tasks.
- Enhance and develop emerging network technology best practices for next phase Network Infrastructure including Software Defined Networking (SDN), Data Center Fabrics, virtual networking overlays, Data Center Interconnect (DCI), Campus LAN, WAN and Internet Edge Architectures.
- Mentor network engineers and participate in knowledge transfer sessions and process improvement discussions to disseminate current information regarding IT strategies and business needs.
- Document/Diagram networkarchitecture designs and configurations with narratives describing the functions of the design.
- Experience with building and leading an enterprise networking team that is responsible for global, 24X7 business operations.
- 10+ years of experience with enterprise networkarchitecture and engineering - including complex network design, hands-on implementation/configuration of LAN/WAN networking devices and operational support.
- Experience with planning, designing, and migrating critical on-premise services to XaaS platforms to enhance operational efficiency, sustainability, availability, and security.
- Experience with hybrid Cloud networking and hyperconverged network stacks and multiple technologies and approaches to implement high-availability and clustered failover solutions across distributed networks.
- Experience with enterprise networking technologies, tools & processes, including routing & switching, traffic management (e.g. load balancing), firewalls, datacenter fabric, LAN/MAN/WAN networks, as well as networking protocols such as TCP/IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Experience in Agile development methodology such as Scrum, Agile, Kanban and Dev-Ops implementation.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for designing, implementing, and maintaining network services throughout the system life cycle.
- Ability to deep-dive into technical networkarchitecture and design when needed to tackle a complex problem.
- Ability to calculate total cost of ownership and convey cost-benefit analysis for implementing & supporting developed network models.
- Knowledge of ITIL Change, Incident and Problem management processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or other related field is preferred.
- Industry Certifications: CCNP, CCIE CCDP, CCVP, AWS, Azure, ITIL, DevOps
- Authentic - Operates with integrity, transparency and humility.
- Enterprise Minded - Acts as a true company owner to advance the overall interests of Waters.
- Outside-In Thinkers - Carries a broad global perspective of markets, technologies and trends.
- Agile - Balances clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results.
- People Focused - Actively creates the conditions for Waters’ people and teams to succeed.
- Able to operate successfully and be effective in a high change environment and comfortable dealing with a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Able to influence and achieve alignment across a range of different opinions and interests.
- Confirmed leadership skills in building talent through coaching/mentoring, collaboration beyond boundaries, supervising with or without authority and leading change.
- Able to appropriately delegate key responsibilities and transfer some of his/her own duties and decisions as the direct/indirect reports’ number and skill sets grow.
- Proven ability to build productive relationships and motivate team members; must have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Track record of success in communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
- The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect between superiors, peers and subordinates within the organization.
- Self-confident individual with his/her ego well in check, as well as a collaborative team player.
- Person who is motivated by his/her impact on the organization rather than personal career advancement.
- Person who is equally comfortable and capable interacting with technologists as he/she is with the business executives.