60% - Manage, coordinate and maintain records for all athenaheatlh mobility cases
- Provide consultative support to employees andinternal partners about the policies, processes, and operations of the Relocation program for both domestic andinternational relocations.
- Partner with external vendors and service providers to ensure outstanding customer service, policy compliance and data integrity.
- Act as the home country representative for short- and long-term assignees out-bound from the US and provides host country support for assignees inbound to the US.
- Provide first-level review and resolution of requests outside of policy guidelines; makes appropriate recommendations to Global Mobility management.
- Assist with tax activities including coordination of compensation collection and tax payments.
- Maintain centralized immigration records and statusreports on all visa and permanent residency cases.
- Proactively communicate with employees and other relevant stakeholders regarding the status of ongoing immigration cases, as well as employment authorization documents and documents required for international travel.
- Partner with external immigration counsel to submit case filings with the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services and U.S. Department of Labor (and other applicable government agencies) and to create and maintain public access files in accordance with U.S. Department of Labor requirements.
- Educate and advise human resources business partners, managers, recruiters, candidates for sponsorship and employees on immigration and mobility requirements, processes and matters.
25% - Update, Refine and Administer Global Mobility Processes for athenahealth
- Update & refine policies, processes and administration for the immigration & relocation programs.
- Coordinate internal global relocation cases and expatriate assignments, ensuring inputs from all key internal stakeholders (including Finance, HR, Legal, Compensation, and business leadership)
- Maintain internal tracking of all current cases.
- Create documentation of immigration & relocation process to educate stakeholders on the process and to assist with cross training other team members.
- Serve as subject matter expert on immigration & relocation policies & practices.
10% - Other Duties
- Manage site visits from U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services and U.S. Department of Labor.
- Prepares data input for the HR quarterly report.
- Consolidates assignment and immigration information and develops comprehensive management reports as required.
- Monitors and produces monthly metrics reports.
- Audits and processes vendor payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
5% - Keep up to date on Industry Trends and Developments
- Partner with HR, Legal and outside immigration counsel to ensure compliance with immigration law.
- Keep abreast of U.S. immigration updates and trends in order develop and iterate solutions to business- related immigration challenges.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources (a focus on Global HR would be a preference), Finance or a related business discipline, or the equivalent experience
- Five years Global Mobility experience; administering and/or managing global immigration and/or relocation programs preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with tax, legal, compensation, benefits, and immigration issues (specifically around Visa / Work Permit filings).
- Extensive exposure to US immigration and work authorization, temporary work visas, permanent residency processes, I9 compliance.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Robust knowledge of HR policies and processes.
- A skilled specialist who completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Proven ability to work independently on assignments requiring considerable judgement and initiative.
- Has a deep understanding of implications of their work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Exemplary ethics and integrity, including the ability to maintain the integrity of confidential information.