Nestl� Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestl� Group, NHSc was created in 2011 to be a leader in these industry. We have over 4,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities - from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical marketing and medical delegates (sales force), and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
In order to deliver on our aspiration to "empowering healthier lives through nutrition", we are searching for the best candidate to join us as the Medical Affairs Lead for our Metabolic category. This category comprises several disease states such as Obesity/Weight Management, Cardio Metabolic and Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes. The Medical Affairs Lead - Metabolic will strategically partner within the HealthCare community to innovate, advocate and educate to advance nutritional practices in this category. She/he will gather insights from key opinion leaders/patients/other experts and from the literature to feed the development of new products and/or to improve existing products. The Medical Affairs Lead - Metabolic is accountable for ensuring that messages to patients and healthcare professionals are meaningful and are associated with our products and that the right level/quality of evidence is available to support these messages. She/he delivers medical education/communication on our products to continuously strengthen our leadership in the medical field.
KEY OUTPUTS :
MEDICAL LEADERSHIP -> Ensure NHSc leadership in the Scientific Community by
1. Liaising / Collaborating with external Partners (e.g. Key Opinion Leaders, experts, Scientific Associations and Patient Associations)
2. Sharing within NHSc of relevant insights gathered to inform development and commercialization
MEDICAL EDUCATION -> DELIVER OUTSTANDING MEDICAL EDUCATION BY:
1. Leading and delivering medical education to healthcare providers beyond nutrition specialists (peer-to-peer)
2. Training of internal teams including local medical advisers and medical liaison roles in the markets (directly) (train the trainers)
3. Ensuring coordination of standard methodologies among markets; guiding the markets to ensure coordination of messages
4. Ensuring maximization of local clinical studies to benefit other markets (collaborating with Market Med Aff)
MEDICAL COMMUNICATION / INFORMATION ->
1. Provide clinical substantiation to equip the markets with actionable messaging including contribution to internal deliverables (Regulatory Dossier, Fact-book, Product Book, Global Value Dossiers, etc.)
2. Sculpt the publication plan and ensure coordination of publications globally
3. Review and contribute the writing of publications"
"EVIDENCE GENERATION -> Assess, guide and ensure the delivery of evidence to support NHSc assets
1. Assess need for additional evidence to meet patients and Healthcare Professionals expectations
2. Guide NHSc in substantiation of key messages and evidence
3. Provide recommendation on Phase IV trial and RCTs collaborating with Clinical Development team
4. Guide/Lead observational evidence, meta-analyses, Systematic Literature Reviews, etc.
CLINICAL EXPERTISE -> SUPPORT INTERNAL PROCESSES/FUNCTION BY
1. Informing commercial strategy (which patient and which Healthcare Professionals to prioritize, which messages are more resonating, etc.) throughout product lifecycle to support adoption
2. Monitoring and communicating internally competitors' activities
3. Support to digital platforms
4. Supporting Innovation & Renovation process to ensure patients' need and Healthcare Professionals expectation
5. Continuously engaging with the markets to ensure successfully implementation of the designed strategies
KEY RELATIONSHIPS INTERNAL TO NESTLE GROUP:
The Medical Affairs lead acts as a strategic role in connecting Research & Development to Commercial teams. Key interactions with Global Functions and with the Markets Medical Affairs colleagues
KEY RELATIONSHIPS EXTERNAL TO NESTLE GROUP
Key Opinion Leaders, HealthCare professionals (Physicians, Registered Dieticians, Nutritionists, Pharmacists and other specialties) Scientific Associations, Patients Associations, Influencers
What experience brings success to this job?
Experience from Medical and Scientific Affairs and/or direct patient clinical experience in the therapeutic areas assigned for more than 8 years. Experience in Life Science (Nutrition/Pharma/Food Technology) is a plus.
Market experience and/or Experience of working in an international & multicultural environment. Experience in technical / scientific writing and communication.
EXPERIENCE IN METABOLIC TA
Experience in Pharma development preferred
Experience in using scientific and clinical data in a creative and competitive way and simplifying complex concepts and data from Research & Development to platform and external stakeholders. Ideal profile would be a person with a strong scientific background, tried clinical experience and good skills to translate from science to clinical development, registration and practice.
Knowledge: Nestle Corporate/ Functional/ Market / Business/ Organizational.
Education: MD, Dietitian or Analogue Degree, preferably with a PhD degree, Minimum Masters degree
The Nestl� Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.