The Global Media Manager is responsible for all aspects of global communication planning including strategy development, analytics, planning global media guidelines development, media plan validations and innovation.
- Own the paid media channel. Oversee all phases of the global media planning process, from strategy through to activation through to optimization and performance reporting for key Coty brands.
- Manage the analytics with the agency to contribute to building fact based media strategies, leveraging competitive brands/companies analysis and learnings, as well as internal benchmarks.
- Understand the audience insights relative to media behaviors and use this understanding to drive for better alignment between our media mix and our audiences.
- Develop, manage and innovate strategic Global Media Guidelines.
- Review and critique media plans, validate plans and ensure brands adhere to global guidelines. Optimize and provide final approvals of media plans by market/region including Global, Local and Licensors.
- Recommend media budgets and media spend thresholds per house, brand, market and media type.
- Be the media expert and advocate. This should be demonstrated within the strategies that are recommended as well as the conversation at the table.
- Know the digital media landscape. This should be reflected in the guidance given to our marketing and agency teams, in our recommendations, in our measurement and in our learning agenda
- Build a strong collaborative working relationship and create alignment with other Channel leads (Influencer Marketing, Digital, etc.) and our agency partners.
- Be both a leader and a team player, with a strong degree of organizational savvy.
- Be a change agent. There will be a need to challenge the status quo as well as to push for success through the ‘tried & true'.
- Create, manage and grow our partnerships with external media and media analytics partners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: (Academic, Professional, Relevant Job Knowledge)
- 4-yearUndergraduateDegree in Marketing, Media or Related Field
- 7+ years in media with significant time spent in media strategy across all media channels (TV, Digital, Print, OOH)
- Managed media budgets across multiple brands/sub-brands, client or agency side
- Strong knowledge of digital media and current/emerging web, social and mobiletechnologies
- Substantial experience with digital media strategy and activation
- Proven ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organizational structure
- Global experience appreciated