The Global Markets Operations team within Commercial Operations supports Middle and Back office functions across a range of Listed and Over the Counter (OTC) derivatives products. With Global Markets Operations, The FX Confirmations and Settlements team is tasked with confirming the financials of FX transactions as well as settlement of the deals. FX Operations offers both direct and online FX execution interfaces to a diverse client base., including Corporate, Commercial, and Business Banking clients.The Global Markets Operations Senior Analyst will be responsible for providing Operational support for Foreign Exchange Operations. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Trade handling and exception processing
- Tracking settlement details and resolving settlement issues with client and front office in advance of value date
- Verification and maintenance of Static Data (add / change information specific to account settlement instructions to ensure processing systems have correct settlement data and where applicable, compares e-commerce platform SSI data (FXALL, MISYS, Bloomberg) to instructions on Operations systems).
- Direct interaction with external clients and the business line to resolve trade and settlement issues.
- Review Wall Street Systems queue populations and process trades for a particular counterparty / counterparty type.
- Determine if set up process is complete with goal of achieving STP processing.
- Prioritize and action unconfirmed trades.
- Perform confirmation/settlement of trades using telephony, email or e-commerce.
- Coordinate settlement requests from clients for netting, split payments, etc0
- Knowledge of FX and MM settlement practices.
- Prior Foreign Exchange Back Office experience
- Knowledge of operational risk management and administrative organization (Compliance, Audit, security policies).
- Familiarity with SWIFT standards (payments and confirmations) and industry standard settlement practices.
- Knowledge of Global Markets Operations core FX systems (WallStreet Systems, FXall, Misys, GTSS and Bloomberg)
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently maintain high levels of productivity.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment in order to achieve group targets.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work as a team to resolve open issues/requests
- May be required to work extended hours when necessary
- 5 Years management experience
- Ability to manage a team in a high paced customer service environment
- Ability to lead the team as well as individual career paths
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to provide a quick turnaround in problem resolution, summarizing events to the senior management team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in trade settlement, wires
- Ability to review processes, document processes and work flows and continuously strive to improve processes within the team
- Ability to manage the risks with the implementation of processes to contain potential gaps.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree preferred.