Global Markets Client Services Governance & Controls Business Analyst
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients—and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
- Report to the regional controls lead and act as a regional regulatory expert. Understand and communicate importance of ethics and controls surrounding Credit Suisse’s regulatory compliance obligations.
- Maintain compliance with current firm regulatory policies and processes.
- Perform deep dive sessions on processes in order to understand control landscape.
- Specifically for Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and Automatic Exchange of Information (AEI) programs, evaluate the design and performance of existing controls, identify control gaps and measure effectiveness of controls in handling operational risk.
- Enthusiastically monitor and ensure all existing controls are addressed within appropriate timeframes.
- Help specify new control reports to help retain control over regulatory requirements, working closely with the Tax Operations team / data analytics team as appropriate.
- Provide full assistance to internal clients as required, including formal and informal training.
- Track, prioritize, and communicate tasks/initiatives with management and staff, and communicate any new obligations to other departments as required.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have knowledge of the operation and/or control environment at Credit Suisse preferred
- You have 5 + years of experience in Financial Services
- You have minimum of 2+ years in Risk organization (Audit, Compliance, SOX, Operational Risk)
- You have subject-matter knowledge of Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and AEI (Automatic Exchange of Information) preferred but not a requirement
- You are proficient in financial/strategic analysis; ability to conduct complex analysis under tight timelines
- You have more-advanced Excel (e.g., pivot tables, VLOOKUP), PowerPoint, Visio, Word, and SharePoint skills a requirement; proficiency with market data systems including Dealogic and Markit is a plus
- You are highly motivated, willing to work in both team and independent situations depending on current workload, with flexibility to take things on not necessarily wholly within the written scope of the function
- You have excellent communication and social skills; comfortable dealing directly with senior internal clients. Can communicate effectively in all forms of communication
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You are highly organized, can handle multiple issues at a time, and clearly communicate status to manager
- You have Regulatory experience
- You have Lean Six Sigma knowledge preferred
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.