The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
The Product Lifecycle Manager is responsible for growing and developing the Consumables business in the anatomical pathology market. Specifically, driving innovation, developing and executing the product line strategy, managing the product lifecycle, collaborating with R&D and manufacturing to identify and develop products based on customer needs in global markets and launching new products globally. The Product Lifecycle Manager is responsible for global growth of Consumables and strategic development of innovation to expand market leadership.
- Develops and executes marketing plans for new and existing products, with particular emphasis on strategic market analysis, product positioning, product life cycle management, pre-launch price analysis and profitability, packaging and product development.
- Prepares long-range product line roadmap, develops business cases for product line changes, prioritizes new product development opportunities and drives innovation and renewal for the product line both through the internal R&D pipeline, new product presentation of existing products and execution of OEM opportunities.
- Leads market research activities to evaluate customer needs, by working with commercial marketing partners, to identify the potential for new products and/or product improvements and communicates these to the R&D team. Leads the validation testing program in collaboration with R&D.
- Establishes strong customer connections in order to gain market knowledge and competitive intelligence, identifying Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) to provide input and validate new products.
- Develop, implement, and assess the product launch package which includes product features and benefits, performance statistics, comparison to competitive products, market segments and targets for the products, pricing and margin expectations, scientific studies and papers developed by collaborating with KOLs, preliminary forecasts.
- Provides direction on feature development, pricing, and unit volume that will impact margins.
- Accountable for the life cycle of the product:
- Identifying when the product must be improved or discontinued in order to maintain or increase market share.
- Making the case for investment in or change in direction of the product line based on market dynamics.
- Ongoing evaluation of the portfolio of products in the segment(s) for effectiveness in achieving company business objectives.
- Central communication conduit between R&D, Quality, manufacturing, commercial team, service organization and technical support.
- Drive the overall product branding and ensure a common look and feel of instrumentation as it is developed.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Health Sciences / Business, MBA is preferred
- Five years experience in sales or marketing
- Proven presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without having direct authority
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Classic marketing, market analysis, research experience
- Must be willing to travel 40% of time
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics
- Experience in the histology, cytology, pathology laboratory is beneficial
- Interest and ability to understand the science and interface with KOL’s is desirable
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job ID : 54370BR