The Marketing Product Manager provides leadership, direction, and monitors progress of New Product Development (NPD) and sustaining projects for Vonk™ choke valves, Baumann™ valves and actuators, as well as the 657/667 actuation platform within the Sliding Stem Business Unit portfolio. The Marketing Product Manager will be responsible for leading, and executing, the vision, development, and implementation of multi-disciplinary programs to achieve Business Unit financial and portfolio management goals and objectives. This position owns product plans, integration efforts, economic analysis and development of the overall worldwide marketing strategy for these product lines. This position will report to the Marketing Director, Sliding Stem Valves.
- Collaborate with Sales, as well as Product and Project Engineers to define and deliver products that satisfy business goals, portfolio needs, and Emerson NPD and Flow Controls design standards.
- Identify and evaluate trade-offs during project and design implementation and propose solutions using sound decision making skills and engineering judgment.
- Lead new product integration projects utilizing GP1 and GP9 processes:
- Implement and manage a project management system to execute portfolio strategy
- Communicate project status, progress, and risks to management
- Coordinate and direct activities within project teams to drive project progress and completion
- Lead project teams in identifying and mitigating project risks as the project advances
- Aid Operations and Global Supply Chain in developing the global supply and manufacturing strategy
- Adhere and meet ISO9001:2015 quality management systems for process and documentation control
- Travel 10-15% to support integration
- Develop market and customer requirements that are critical for commercial and technical success of new products and product improvements.
- Validate product concepts with customers.
- Develop and execute product launch plans, including supporting literature and sales strategies to achieve project financial goals.
- Support Emerson's planning process and profit reviews.
- Analyze global sales, units, profitability and relative price position to develop key strategies for product growth and profit improvement.
- Implement action plans via world area functional organizations.
- Control and coordinate significant product parameters throughout lifecycle (i.e., structural pricing, complexity, changes in market use, customer value proposition, warranty, platform improvements, etc.).
- Identify modifications to existing and new product requirements through global customer interviews, sales interviews, conjoint analysis, survey customer councils, competitive analysis, global standard development and trends.
- Prepare appropriation requests for capital equipment and other funding requirements in support of current and new products.
- Interact cross-functionally with SSV global teams to utilize resources effectively
- Ensure project documentation compliance to Emerson, Flow Controls, and international quality control standards
- Conduct competitive analysis; determine market sizes, segmentation, own and competitions share, features and benefit differentiation.
- Work with Global Industry Sales and Fisher Sales Channels globally to ensure new product knowledge and sales strategy is in place.
- Create promotional Ad campaigns and works with Global Industry Sales on implementation of the programs.
- B.S. Engineering or B.A. Marketing
- 5+ years of industry experience
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
- Strong leadership, analytical, problem-solving, time management, presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead diverse groups to achieve common objectives
- Ability to develop strong global relationships
- Good understanding of finance and financial principles
- Knowledge of Fisher & Baumann™ products desirable
- Familiarity and relationship with Fisher sales channels desired.