The Product Manager/Sr. Product Manager is responsible for developing the therapy development plan for Transcatheter Mitral Repair and the franchise marketing plan for MitraClip.
Specifically, the therapy development plan will involve:
- Identification of barriers to growth of MitraClip in key markets including Japan, China, Asia Pacific, Canada and Latin America and development of marketing and business strategies to overcome these barriers in partnership with global marketing and geographic commercial teams
- Development of a franchise marketing plan for MitraClip including increasing implant rates among existing implanters and blunting competitive entry into the TMV repair space. This will include the classic marketing strategies of promotion, pricing, product positioning and commercial strategies and tactics to maintain share in light of competitive entry
- Development of awareness and education strategies to target referring physicians
- Development of awareness, education and trial programs for ICs and surgeons who currently are not implanting MitraClip or have not adopted MitraClip
- Development of procedure development strategies
- Development of customer segmentation strategy based on MitraClip adoption and marketing programs to reach these segments
The Product Manager/Sr. Product Manager is responsible for working with cross functional partners in Training & education, R&D, clinical, regulatory, manufacturing/operations as well as with our geographic marketing and field partners to leverage successful marketing and sales programs, develop new programs and ensure initiatives have impact in the operating year.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Working with the product division and the geographic marketing partners to develop a thorough analysis of market size, procedure volume and penetration model
- Market research and analysis of referring physicians as well as ICs currently implanting to develop customer segmentation model
- Development of awareness, education and trial programs based on needs of the segmentation model for referring physicians, ICs based on adoption stage
- Development of franchise marketing plans, product launch plans and marketing/business strategies and tactics to drive business
- Working with customers, the field and geographic partners to identify opportunities to improve the procedure
- Working with the clinical marketing and the clinical function to drive publication strategy and podium strategy
Key skills required:
- Strong influence management skills—effectively influences a wide variety geographies/cultures including Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan, Australia and Canada and functions including regulatory, sales, marketing, research, manufacturing and other cross functional Uses conflict resolution skills to achieve results through cross functional groups.
- Excellent communication skills—has frequent contact with key opinion leaders and broad customer contact as well as interfaces with senior-level management from cross functional groups and geographies to facilitate product related decisions.
- Strong team player—ability to work as a key member of the global marketing team who is accountable to global marketing team as well as the product division and geographical marketing
- Strong leadership skills—ability to function as the marketing “lead” on therapy, procedure and pipeline development
- Project management skills—ability to manage complex projects and programs. Ability to pull the appropriate level, functional and geographic functions together to support initiatives.
- Analytical skills—ability to develop therapy and disease models, market and customer segmentation, pricing strategies/models and business metrics
Key skills/experience preferred:
- Knowledge of cardiovascular disease, physiology and products
- Experience in medical device product marketing and therapy development
- Knowledge/experience with customer base—cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, nurses
- Understanding of implantable medical products clinical and regulatory process and environments
Education/experience level required:
- 5+ years in product planning or product marketing
- Advanced knowledge in cardiovascular disease or medical devices
- BS/BA in engineering, health sciences, marketing, business