At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than125years, we've brought new products andtechnologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Oversee global product strategy, development, and commercialization for Abbott Diabetes Care’s sensor-based glucose monitoring products and legacy blood-based glucose monitoring products for use in professional channels. Key responsibilities include developing a global portfolio strategy, championing product development, formulating launch, marketing and sales strategies and providing on-market support.
The Marketing Manager, Professional Channels oversees global portfolio and product strategy, development, and commercialization for Abbott Diabetes Care’s sensor-based glucose monitoring products and legacy blood-based glucose monitoring products for use in professional channels. Key responsibilities include developing a global portfolio strategy, championing product development, formulating launch, marketing and sales strategies and providing on-market support. The Marketing Manager, Professional Channels supervises a full-time Senior Product Manager.
- Develop a global portfolio strategy for sensor-based glucose monitoring products used in professional channels. Test and commercialize the portfolio strategy and then develop additional products and capabilities as necessary.
- Define global product strategy including product profile, target product positioning, competitive position, pricing, branding, distribution, etc.
- Champion product development initiatives and serve as the voice for the worldwide markets on product development teams.
- Identify and prioritize product development opportunities by working with customers, Area Marketing groups, R&D and internal departments.
- Drive the concept definition and product feasibility phases of the product development process.
- Understand and prioritize customer targets, value concepts/needs and importance through primary and secondary market research, including one-on-one customer interviews, focus groups and web based surveys.
- Work with R&D to translate customer requirements into product requirements and to assess potential tradeoffs.
- Provide guidance on the development and maintenance of packaging and labeling.
- Develop business cases to demonstrate commercial viability of products.
- Work with Area Marketing, Commercial, and Market Access groups to develop commercialization strategies and rollout plans.
- Develop and execute global product launch plans and sales force training in concert with Area Marketing groups.
- Manage product lifecycle conduct post launch review, assess line extensions, manage pricing, etc.
- Oversee project budgets that ladder into the department budget
- Serve as product/market expert related to product positioning, competitive information, product performance, etc.
- Will be accountable for developing marketing strategies and tactics to expand the market for Abbott’s product portfolio.
- Understand global business dynamics and competitive environment and potential impact on business unit results.
- Required Assoc. + 13 years experience or equivalent
- PreferredBachelors Degreerequired and MBA
- Preferred: Six years marketing experience with a minimum of four years in a commercial role including product marketing.
Selfstarter that is assertive, possesses a high degree of self-confidence and intellectual curiosity, and demonstrates good executive presence. Proven ability to identify/define business questions and issues and develop strategic, analytical and financial frameworks to conduct analysis. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment. Comfortable working across functional areas and at varying levels of the organization.
Previous experience with brand management, marketing strategy, marketing effectiveness, and strong communication and organization skills ideal.
ADC Diabetes Care
United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
Yes,15% of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an8hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.