Job ID R-304626
Job Description Summary
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. Become an integral part of a company that makes a difference in human health, saving and improving the lives of people in all corners of the globe.
About Women’s Health & Cancer
Women’s Health & Cancer is part of the BD Life Sciences Division and is singularly focused in improving disease detection and developing best in class technologies that can significantly enhance patient outcomes. Today our products impact over 20 million patients’ lives each year and we aspire to expand our reach to more patients.
The Global Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading the development and execution of commercialization and marketing strategies for the BD Onclarity HPV assay. Through strong leadership and understanding of the true needs and expectations of customers and the regional commercial organizations, the GMM will develop, manage and execute compelling marketing strategies that align with organizational objectives and is responsible for achieving revenue, share of sales and profitability goals. The GMM will work seamlessly with the regional marketing leaders and commercial organizations as well with the global marketing organizations and functions.
- Develop and execute measurable worldwide marketing plans, tactics and tools that support organization priorities and achieve revenue and profitability goals.
- Brand owner, leads day to day decision for the BD Onclarity HPV brand.
- Collaborate with regional sales and marketing teams to align global platform plans in each region and define and track regional implementation/rollout plans.
- Collaborate with marketing and functional experts across the business covering instruments consumables and otherportfolio assays that complement the Molecular and Women’s Health & Cancer business.
- Develop/maintain a deep knowledge of current market trends, vision of market evolution as it relates to cervical cancer screening in public and private healthcare systems across the globe. Translate trends into implications on customer needs and our HPV value offer.
- Perform detailed analysis of the business, industry and competitor trends and the development of compelling and differentiated value proposition vs competition.
- Develop and execute competitive strategies based on competitive intelligence and primary and secondary market research and analysis.
- Identify and partner with medical affairs key areas of investment for evidence generation and publication for in market products. In concert with upstream and regional partners, drive category development and market shaping activities with key opinion leaders, payors, providers and laboratories in key markets to enable adoption of extended claims and intended uses.
- Ensure presence and participation at high-priority conferences, meetings, etc. and drive appropriate publications to support defined platform value propositions.
- Support the Global Product Development System (GPDS) process as an extended core team member and closely collaborate with the upstream marketing team. Effectively partner and collaborate with regional marketing leaders, R&D, Clinical and Scientific Affairs, Marketing Services, Product Management, Regulatory, Quality, Manufacturing and other functions to ensure support of all elements of the marketing strategy.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Required knowledge and experience
- BA/BS degreerequired, preferably within business or a technology areas of focus; MBA is a plus. Ideal candidate has knowledge of the North America and Western Europe diagnostics market.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in worldwide downstream marketing, global marketing and product management in healthcare companies with a focus on platform development and commercial launch. Prior experience in Women’s Health diagnostics marketing or salesexperiencepreferred.
- Prior experience with commercialization of mature and new products: developed and executed or supported launch plans, including messaging, positioning, pricing, sales materials, sales training, communication plans.
- Experience in ideating, developing and executing integrated marketingcampaigns and marketing communication plans that are targeted to laboratories, hospitals, governments, clinicians and patients.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable plans; demonstrated ability to develop and implement marketing and product strategies, convert them into tactical marketing plans, execute and deliver results.
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious, stays current on new trends, and takes calculated risks with novel ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work cross-culturally.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - written and oral - for a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop strong relationships with, customers, key opinion leaders, advisory boards, and potential or existing business partners.
- Leadership presence with ability to utilize organizational channels, experience and influencing skills to effectively negotiate and persuade others, comfortable with complex and matrix-team environments.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities. Ability to routinely work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively prioritizing.
- Flexibility to travel globally to regions, customer sites and company headquarters at least 40% of the time.
- Ability, talent, commitment and ambition to assume increased scope of responsibility in organization within 24-48 months.