Job ID: CEP000691
Product life cycle management and product portfolio planning:
- Conduct business analysis and develop recommendations for entry into potential new market segments, defining the criteria for Go-to-Market opportunities.
- Identify unmet customer needs and new product/market opportunities in molecular diagnostics by utilizing structured VOC processes.
- Drive the development of new product concepts in close corporation with scientific affairs, R&D, and otherinternal stakeholders.
- Manage the product life cycle process in areas of responsibility
- Develop commercial strategy and global marketing plans for key segments
- Represent Marketing in new product development core teams
Strategic marketing activities:
- Develop global product marketing and business segment plans
- Participate and contribute in the annual strategic planning process
- Develop pricing strategies and develop payer strategies
- Drive product launches, and work very close with key regions in post-launch process
- Establish and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders
- Monitor global and regional market trends and opportunities
Other key deliverables:
- Support regional and local marketing organizations with growth initiatives, product launches, training, and commercial excellence initiatives
- Participate in international and regional key conferences and meetings
- Initiate key scientific and health economic studies and projects
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA/BS degreerequired, preferably within a technical area of focus; Four year scientific or engineering degreepreferred. MBA preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Marketing or customer facing roles in the medical or diagnostic industries
- Demonstrates knowledge of molecular IVD products and markets
- Communicates effectively and strong team player/collaborator with various internal constituent, customers and other stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to multi-task across broad number of products and disease states
- Prior product launch experience is essential; prior product development experience would be important
- Demonstrated experience of translating science into marketing messages is required
- Analytical thinking and in depth understanding of the current market environment is a requirement
- Experience working directly with thought leaders and KOLs in relevant areas is required
- Willingness to travel up to 25-30%, both domestic and internationally, as required