Job ID R-303300
Job Description Summary
As a BD marketing leader, that works to improve customer perception, adoption, and passion for BD and its products, seek continuous understanding and mastery of global markets and business structures for assigned product portfolio, to develop and implement strategic marketing plans over short, mid, and-long term horizons, that achieve optimal segmentation, targeting, positioning, acquisition, and retention of customers, to drive market growth, product penetration, and category share, in order to maximize revenue and profitability of assigned product portfolio, in line with business goals and aspirations.
Developing strong understanding of assigned market segment and associated product portfolio, as well as key knowledge of the latest customer needs, market trends and dynamics, BD products, and competitor offerings, deploy optimal marketing management and product lifecycle management programs, to broaden and strengthen the relevance of the BD brand and BD products in the global market place.
In support of Customer Experience and Solutions transformation journey at BD, collaborate with peers from BD Diagnostic Systems and other BD businesses to deploy marketing programs in support of end-to-end clinical diagnostic solutions delivered through an exceptional customer experience.
The Core Clinical Microbiology global marketing manager shall be responsible for global clinical marketing strategy development and execution covering the following BD Diagnostic Systems product portfolio, comprising 7 product families of 1000+SKUs globally:
- Specimen Collection and Transport – CultureSwab™, LBM™ (CultureSwab™, ESwab™, etc.)
- Lab Reagents – BBL™ Dyes, Stains, Droppers
- Inoculation Supplies – BBL™ Loops
- Culture Microbiology- BBL™ Clinical Plated, Tubed, and Bottled Media, including CHROMagar™ Plated Media line
- Sample Incubation - Gas-Pak™, Bio-Bag™ Environmental Systems
- Identification Serology –Immunology Tests, Lab Reagents
- Lab Reagents and Supplies – QC Slides, Media Prep andOtherLab Reagents
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opportunity Identification and Analysis
- Cultivate and maintain clear understanding of customer needs, globally; continually assess gaps against BD and competitor products; identify and evaluate new product development or portfolio expansion opportunities.
- Continuously collect market intelligence by analyzing industry, public policy, and social trends to identify new market requirements, customer attitudes, demands, behaviors, and unmet customer needs.
- Assess the global competitive landscape and track competitive activity and dynamics through targeted market research, and ad-hoc situational analyses to inform relevance of, and recommend changes to, marketing and business development strategies, as applicable.
- Market Selection, Shaping, and Targeting
- Deploy marketing strategy best practices for segmentation, targeting, and positioning to acquire and retain customers; define and deploy globally differentiating value offers, and go-to market strategies.
- Coordinate development and deployment of HEOR evidence generation activities, as applicable, to shape target markets.
- Develop and recommend global channels strategies that enable proposed market targeting and positioning.
- Marketing Planning
- Manage the annual marketing planning process for assigned product portfolio, by coordinating the development and execution of marketing plans globally.
- Business Case Development
- Coordinate the development of financial models to support business cases for all stages of the PLM process, and to valuate new business development, or market development opportunities.
- Apply best in class market research practices to test inputs and assumptions, and ensure that models provide robust decision making insights for business strategy, marketing strategy, and portfolio management decisions.
- Serve as voice-of-customer and voice-of-business by translating internal suggestions/ideas, discussions, decisions and initiatives into customer and market impact assessments, and provide feedback to key decision makers and stakeholders about potential customer, revenue, or profitability impact.
- ProductPortfolioStrategy and Lifecycle Management
- Shape the product offering and user experience by setting the product vision and strategy, coordinating the development of multi-year, multi-generational product roadmaps, and participating on steering committees and product management teams to drive implementation.
- Lead the continuous application of collected market intelligence to help (re)define PLM roadmaps, and drive sound, evidence-based portfolio recommendations and decisions aligned with business goals.
- Global Product Development System (GPDS)
- Coordinate the product development pipeline for assigned product portfolio.
- Provide ongoing GPDS process support by participating in peer and functional reviews, and ensure quality and timely completion of global marketing deliverables, as applicable.
- Pricing Strategy
- Perform competitive channel and pricing analyses to develop optimal global pricing strategies.
- Establish and deploy global pricing guidelines and corridors to regional counterparts; ensure consistent (with global guidelines) deployment of pricing practices world-wide.
- Advertising, Promotion, and Communication
- Develop global integrated marketingcampaign strategies for assigned product portfolio, and coordinate their execution world-wide.
- Deploy and reinforce BD brand and corporate identity strategy across the assigned product portfolio, both internally and externally.
- Develop and deploy business unit (BU) brand strategy for assigned product portfolio.
- Go-to-market (GTM)/Product Launches
- Define global marketing programs required for demand generation and customer acquisition and retention.
- Plan and coordinate the execution of global launch plans.
- Coordinate with regional counterparts like regional Marketing, Service, Supply Chain, and Sales on regional product launch activities.
- Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SI&OP)
- Coordinate the reconciliation of aggregated global demand with financial forecasts for assigned product portfolio
- Identify key regional demand trends and provide feedback to platform leadership on potential impact to global business performance and financial outcomes.
- Internal Communication
- Provide guidance and periodic updates to global and regional marketing teams, as well as key business and functional, global and regional counterparts and stakeholders, about the marketing strategy for assigned market segment and product portfolio.
- Drive the initiation, planning, deployment, and execution of key projects and programs to ensure the timely completion of marketing deliverables towards the achievement of established marketing strategies.
- Work with regional marketing teams to verify and align regional marketing strategy implementation plans with the global ones; ensure (regional) organizational alignment and commitment for regional deployment of global PLM roadmaps.
- Support annual business planning process.
- Develop and manage assigned marketingbudgets, including marketing-mix/expense budgets, and global product portfoliosales forecast to achieve financial performance targets for associated P&Ls.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing strategy execution, by leading the development and tracking relevant metrics and performance indicators.
- Ensure that budgets, schedules, and functional (Marketing) performance requirements are met.
- Talent development
- Mentor, coach and develop peers and direct reports, as applicable.
- Activities Mix:
- Marketing Manager - Strategic/Tactical => 70/30
- BA/BS in Business or related field
- MBA in marketing or related field strongly preferred
- 5+ years in a Product Management or 3+ years in Marketing Management role
- Healthcare related industry (med-tech, pharma, bio-tech) or microbiology/molecular marketingexperience in a clinical diagnostics or industrial microbiology organization a plus
- Demonstrated thought leadership, and sound critical reasoning
- Independent, creative, and solution-oriented thinking;
- Great communication skills, written and verbal; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
- Strong quantitative and financial analytic skills
- Self-starter; excels at dealing with ambiguity; passionate and fast learner - open to learning about new markets and products
- Action oriented and results driven
- Demonstrated ability to work independently (with limited supervision), yet collaboratively with other functional areas
- Proven ability to lead or participate concurrently in several complex, cross-functional projects; excels at teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to work seamlessly in a cross-cultural, cross-functional, cross-time-zones, matrixed, decentralized, multinational corporate environment.