Job ID R-302513
Job Description Summary
The Global Commercial Marketing Manager has dual responsibilities. The role is responsible for the strategic and operational marketing efforts supporting the Pen Injector product platform. In addition, this role supports brand marketing activities for the SAIS and Safety portfolio by: leading development and execution of product marketing plans to produce maximum sales, growth and profitability; establishing and maintaining a strong competitive position through strategic and tactical identification of marketing opportunities; and developing marketing promotional and communication programs for the Platform.
For the Pen Injector product platform (25% of role):
- Participate in the development of and execution of marketing and product strategies to achieve or exceed the business unit growth objective for the defined product platform. This will include analyzing market and customer information, identifying new product innovations, optimizing product portfolio, launching new products and line extensions, managing product lifecycles, forecasting, pricing strategies and guidelines, etc.
- Define and execute product strategy, multi-generational product roadmaps, development priorities, and release planning that meets or exceeds customer expectations for the defined product platform.
- Develops thorough competitive intelligence and market analysis in support of competitive strategies; proposes and executes competitive strategies.
- Manage product line pricing strategy.
- Support the Product Platform team and customization project teams as a core team member (CTM) and is accountable for completion of respective marketing deliverables, if assigned. Includes driving market-related initiatives through communications and collaborative efforts with all levels of other functional areas represented on project teams (e.g., R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical and Scientific Affairs, etc.)
For the combined SAIS and Safety platforms (75%):
- Responsible for the integrated commercial marketing strategy for the SAIS and Safety platform. Partners with peer product platform marketing leads to develop and lead the execution of worldwide Portfoliomarketing plan, including: collateral development, marketing communications, advertising and promotion, sales tools, market awareness, seminars, etc.
- Develops a global sales and marketing plan (SMAP) that defines market development, marketing activities, integrated messaging and collateral development, promotional strategies, and related objectives for the Platform portfolio.
- Effectively partner and collaborate with product platform marketing leaders, regional marketing leaders, R&D, Medical and Scientific Affairs, Regulatory Affairs and other functions to develop and execute comprehensive marketing and marketing communication strategy.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- BS/BA in business or science. MBA desirable.
- 7-10 years of relevant marketingexperience in medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry with a consistent track-record of high performance and results. Salesexperience desirable.
- Experience working globally is preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following marketing competencies: Commercial excellence; Marketing planning and execution; Product & portfolio management; Marketing communications; Strategic Innovation; Business and financial acumen
- Demonstrates basic skills in the following marketing competencies: Brand strategy; Customer insights and analytics
- Track record of achievement in delivering projects and influencing business outcomes.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to help formulate and implement marketing and product strategies, convert these into tactical marketing plans, and deliver results.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to routinely work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively prioritizing.
- Sound decision making capabilities and the ability to make decisions, even in absence of consensus when necessary.
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious, stays current on new trends, and takes calculated risks with novel ideas.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills for a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to develop strong relationships with key opinion leaders, customers, advisory boards, and potential or existing business partners.
- Managerial courage to speak up when important information or questions must be raised and takes action when issues must be addressed.
- Proven ability to influence across and up the organization to effectively negotiate and persuade others.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Flexibility to travel globally to regions and customer sites up to 25% of the time.