Global Marketing Executive
11 - 15 years experience •
Our client company is a leading multi billion dollar privately owned manufacturer of highly engineered products used in the construction and building materials industry and sold in over 120 countries. Its products are sold through distribution and used by contractors serving commercial developers, state universities, municipalities, etc.
One of the firm's largest business units seeks a sophisticated and seasoned marketing executive to lead a team of highly skilled product managers, channelmarketing managers and international managers and to work closely with engineering and sales to continue to advance the firm's competitive edge.
Reporting to the SBU's president/general manager, the individual we seek must have demonstrated full P/L experience, responsibility for managing large and diverse marketing and cross-functional teams. (S)he should have experienceworking withinternational distributors. Because of the product sophistication, an engineeringundergraduatedegree is highly desirable as is an advanced business degree.
Due to growth within the company, it is hoped that this individual will effectively execute the responsibilities the position requires and be promoted to become the unit's president. Current vice-presidents and general managers are encouraged to apply.
This position is ARIZONA based. A very generous relocation package is offered.
Lead the Marketing function for the Commercial Division with global responsibility for planning, marketing and product development, including the following duties:
- Product line planning and execution, including pricing strategies. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in the SBU strategic planning process;
- Management and development of channel strategies and cross-SBU relationships;
- Management and improvement of product quality, in conjunction withEngineering and Manufacturing organizations;
- Development and execution of market development strategies to grow the Commercial business in high-opportunity domestic and international markets;
- Create and implement marketing strategy, including the creation of clear, focused and compelling messages to targeted customers;
- Plan, coordinate and develop key marketing and sales tools; Coordinate promotional programs, market research and marketing communications;
- Development of competitive analysis tools to track categoryshare, positioning, pricing and programs across all competing product lines;
- Assist in management of the P&L;
- Manage and develop Marketing staff, including succession planning.
- Undergraduatedegree in business or a technical discipline
- MBA or equivalent
- Ten or more years of experience in marketing, including product line planning, and management. Proven ability to lead, influence and manage multiple projects;
- New product development and program management direct experience;
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills;
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic and tactical thinking, and detailed planning;
- At least two of the desiredqualifications.
- Experience managing industrial wholesale distributionchannels, and/or international business;
- Business broadening/new business development;
- Foreign language proficiency; Spanish preferred;
- General management experience.