The Global Marketing Director – Health Informatics will be responsible for leading an emerging global business; leading or supporting all aspects of New Product Introduction (NPI), Global Commercialization, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Business Development & Licensing (BD&L) associated with the Health Informatics portfolio and other Invacare products that leverage Invacare Health Informatics products and technologies.
With ‘cradle to grave’ portfolio responsibility this Leader will own the marketing strategy and tactical execution to drive meaningful growth for the business. He/she will set a clear portfolio vision, strategy, and tactical execution plan to support the achievement of Regional AOPs and the strategic planning period financial objectives. This leader is responsible for the overall health and performance of the business and common duties / activities include (but is not limited to); portfolio decisions, strategy plan development, reporting out business health, leading / directing the collection and analysis of clinical / customer needs to inform the NPI process, serving as voice of the business in leadership meetings, setting the portfolio and global commercialization strategies required to achieve the Regional AOPs, managing two way communication between Regions and key internal departments, and most importantly, investing in and developing key marketing talent that will grow into our marketing leaders of tomorrow.
- Team Development: Will be responsible for investing in and developing the key marketing talent that will grow into our marketing leaders of tomorrow. This leader will encourage the pursuit of IDP’s, monitoring progress and providing feedback; while also working side by side in the functional and technical skill development of their employees. They will embrace creativity, diversity of every manner, and provide the opportunity for smart risk taking.
- Commercial Leadership: Build and execute NPI, Global Commercialization, PLM and BD&L plans to exceed the Regional AOPs and financial business objectives for the strategic planning period. Evolve Invacare’s Health Informatics branding strategy, product positioning and messaging. Support development and execution of Regional launch activities including promotional strategies, launch materials, sales support tools, and educational aids etc. that allow Regions to grow market-share and ensure channel excellence.
- Portfolio Management: Create compelling vision portfolio strategy that garners the investment required to expand our position in the markets we currently participate in and provides meaningful access to new markets. Direct spend of current product development budget and in partnership with R&D build a compelling and market differentiating Portfolio of Initiatives. Collaborate with regional markets on voice of customer, forecasts, price analysis & optimization, product validation, regional commercialization plans and launch support.
- Regional Engagement: Provide strategic market, pricing, and product positioning guidance to regional partners to drive healthy financial performance and forecasting accuracy.
- Partnership Development: Identify, prioritize, and engage external partners to identify commercial and/or product development collaboration opportunities.
- Business Model Innovation: Evaluate market trends, financial analysis, and changing customer habits to identify, validate, and deploy business models that optimize financial return and leverage the unique nature of the Invacare Health Informatics portfolio.
Key working relationships include, but are not limited to the following:
- Medical professional societies and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Health care professionals in the area of specialty (PTs, OTs, etc.)
- 3rd Party Distributors & Resellers
- Payors & Reimbursors
- 3rd Party Partners
- Regional Marketing & Sales teams
- PRI Global Research & Development
- Legal Dept
- Quality Assurance
- Logistics & Finance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Finance Dept
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration, advanced degreepreferred.
- 10+ year’s progressively responsibleexperience, including 5+ years of management experience in a Global Medical Device or Healthcare Informatics Marketing capacity.
- Business experience and exposure to all phases of the business: product management, marketing, sales, engineering, finance, and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to learn technical information and apply technical concepts
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated achievement of business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and lead others
- Demonstrated leadership skills and interpersonal/communication skills.