The Eastman Global Market Segment Leader, Metal Packaging Coatings, is responsible for leading a team of Marketing, Technology, and Commercial personnel, focused on strategy development and execution to grow the metal packaging coatings business and to become an innovation partner with targeted global coatings accounts. The Global Market Segment Leader, Metal Packaging will have one or more Market Development Managers directly reporting to him/her. The Global Market Segment Leader, Metal Packaging will report to the General Manager, Coatings & Inks.
Critical to the success of this position is:
- Strong strategic and thought leadership capabilities combined with deep industry knowledge of metal packaging coatings.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Business, Technology, Sales, and otherMarketing personnel will be critical to execute plans and be successful in this position.
- Collaboration with external customers, brand owners, and other influencers is expected to ensure strategies and execution plans are based on strong market connect and insights.
- Develop Global Metal Packaging coatings strategy defining “Where to Play” and “How to Win” over the short, medium and long term
- Lead the Metal Packaging cross functional segment team to deliver business growth through various tactics and execution plans – application development, product development, market development, channels to market, geographic penetration, service offerings, etc.
- Lead the Global Metal Packaging segment team in executing appropriate marketing and communications activities such as messaging, trade shows, presentations, articles, literature, trade magazine interviews, etc. Develop stream lined customer facing messaging to clearly convey Eastman’s strategy in the segment.
- Work with Technology, Business, and Sales partners to build appropriate functional plans to align with and deliver on stated strategy
- Deliver financial results (measured via new business closes, revenue/volume vs. target in segment, and portfolio execution)
- Manage and motivate a high performing team of one or more regional Market Development Managers to deliver on objectives and further develop in individual careers
- Engage deeply with the value chain in the Metal Packaging coatings market to understand industry trends, applications, and needs. Use that knowledge to determine differentiated solutions that Eastman could profitably bring to the market.
- Identify, develop and launch market/application development programs (utilizing the Stage-Gate process) that will result in the realization of new business for the company.
- Keep abreast of all industry trends, including new products, applications, and competitive moves; and effectively communicate key learning’s to internal partners.
- Develop and deliver market activation strategies through collaboration with internal partners.
- Global travel is expected in this role.
- Financial performance in segment (volume, revenue, share, launch effectiveness of new offerings)
- Strategy development milestones
- Clearly articulated vision of Eastman’s Metal Packaging coatings business in short, medium and long term
- Long term execution as measured by technology/development roadmaps and inorganic strategy plan in place to deliver needed capabilities for long term vision
- BachelorDegree or Master Degree from an accredited college or university is required
- MBA strongly preferred
- 20% travel is required in this position
- Minimum of eight years experience in commercial, marketing, or technical roles in the Metal Packaging coatings industry
Specific Skills/Experience Desired:
- Metal Packaging Coatings industry experience (strong understanding of BPA free trends and technologies, and working knowledge of formulations and application)
- Strategic thinking and strategy development
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong leadership skills and team motivation skills with direct report management experiencepreferred
- Market development, application development, or strategic/solution selling experiencepreferred
- Stage-Gate project leadership or team membership preferred
- Demonstrated ability to present visions/strategies in an effective manner
- Managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated results focus