The successful candidate will be implementing growth strategies for PerkinElmer and responsible for developing and executing Dairy & Liquids market segment growth initiatives to drive penetration within liquids and dairy value chains, and expand global market share through focus on workflow solutions leveraging the full breadth of PerkinElmer capabilities, across our Instrument Portfolio, Consumables and Services, in alignment with our Food segment strategy.
The incumbent is expected to build clear understanding of regional market needs & trends, upcoming requirements and develop a stream of solutions to best position the current and future portfolio to meet or exceed revenue and margin expansion expectations. This role will build deep market knowledge, translating these insights into strategic marketing plans, including a market penetration strategy, product development pipeline and go-to-market approach.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; contributing to the bigger strategic vision and turn the crank on driving tactics in order to make the vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand dairy and liquids (e.g. wine, edible oils) customer problems and find innovative solutions for the broader food market segment. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated, ensuring strong communication across teams. This seasoned professional is expected to build relationships with key opinion leaders within strategic accounts, professional organizations and as well as partner and collaborate with internal subject matter experts, to enrich and strengthen the overall innovation agenda throughout the strategic plan horizon.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Champions development of dairy market growth strategies based on fact-based analysis and identification of market trends; competitive analysis; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and regulatory requirements
- Leads development and prioritization of segment-specific workflows and supporting applications that enable our solutions to be differentiated and value-add to our customers
- Develops deep technical knowledge on customer needs and workflow across Instruments, Consumables & Service, and translate this knowledge into technology and solution landscaping activities within assigned markets
- Leads best practices to develop compelling value propositions and sales tools that are practical to use and aligned to segmentation and regional specific requirements
- Drives deployment of commercial sales tools and training to drive sales effectiveness at positioning our solutions
- Actively develops relationships with commercial teams, KOLs and key customers in priority end- market segments. Leads overall Market/Segment strategy and acts as focal point within the organization to ensure marketing collateral, applications and solutions support our overall growth strategy and align across the Business Unit, R&D and Marketing organizations.
- Meets business and end market KPIs, such as revenue, margin expansion, market penetration and share gain
- Supports the development of strategic planning initiatives (M&A due diligence and other new growth initiative.
- On a regular basis, attend industry trade shows and accompany managers on customer visits to maintain awareness and understanding of industry trends.
- Provide enthusiastic leadership for strong work ethic when interacting with PerkinElmer employees and business partners.
- Bachelor of Science degree in biological or food science
- Successful 10+ year track record in various roles within Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Food Quality, or R&D related to Food Testing.
- 7+ years experience in the food market (processing, FSQA, laboratory, test supplier)
- Master of Science, good business acumen; MBA preferred
- 5+ years experience in the dairy market (processing, FSQA, laboratory, test supplier), with deep network of industry connections.
- Working proficiency and technical experience in analytical techniques such as molecular spectroscopy and chromatography.
- Experience in customer and market segmentation, creating segment roadmaps, robust business cases, and commercialization of solutions.
- Ability to translate customer needs into applications solutions to drive business growth
- Significant experience leading cross-functional teams to drive business results, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills and be driven and exhibit strong goal / results orientated
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts.
- Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills and be driven and exhibit strong goal / results orientated
- Proven track record of results either contributing to or directly developing, driving and maintaining high performing product lines, cutting edge strategies and strong market presence
- Ability to travel up to 30%