Global Market Insights Lead, Rare Genetics & Hematology
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the Global Market Insights Lead, Rare Genetics & Hematology at the Director level in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As the Global Market Insights Lead, Rare Genetics & Hematology working in Global Product & Launch Strategy (GPLS), Takeda's Global Commercial Strategy unit, you will be empowered to provide global strategic/business insights to help the Global Program Teams (GPTs) on the development of global product strategies including pipeline development and commercialization/launch strategies for the Rare Genetics & Hematology Franchise. A typical day will include:
- Help the Rare Genetics & Hematology Global Product Teams (GPTs) to frame business problems into primary, secondary market research, analytics and forecast modeling requirements and design
- Develop and Integrate primary market research and competitive intelligence within R&D, marketing, sales and payer areas, including foundational strategic research (e.g. market landscape / patient journey, segmentation / A&U / brand positioning/messaging / pricing) and help develop new products TPPs and launch planning. Also clarify key questions to help commercial assessment of assets while helping shape the programs in research and development
- Act as strategic partner to Global Product Team members in Rare Genetics & Hematology Franchise working mainly on pipeline products: Global Commercial Leads (GCLs), New Products Leads (NPLs), Market Access Leads, GPTs and Rare Genetics & Hematology cross-functional team and effectively work with teams that have a direct and marked influence to Takeda's strategic (commercial and development)
- Work with manager to deliver market research and forecasting projects to support the growth of key global pipeline brands,
- Support/help develop Commercial strategy through market research and other sources of insights to support pipeline and new product commercial assessment and preparedness.
- Conduct appropriate research and insights considering the use of innovative approaches to help guide Target Product Profile Development, Patient Journey mapping/understanding, Payer assessment to help shape product development.
- Execute global competitive intelligence efforts for the products/diseases assigned within Rare Genetics & Hematology Franchise, including current in-line diseases (i.e. Hemophilia) as well as diseases with pipeline work or as part of commercial assessment.
- Collaborate closely with US and other Regional New Products Planning and Insights colleagues to ensure Global Rare Genetics & Hematology insights are aligned with Regions activities
- Contribute forecasting models for key pipeline submissions
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MS/BS in science or business required; Advanced degree preferred
- Generally, 10+ years of experience in a commercial capacity within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry,
- Experience in operating in global markets is preferred, and experience in working across the whole lifecycle of the products (from early research thru commercialization).
- Candidate should have a successful track record functioning in a matrix environment and delivering results in the areas of market research, product analytics and/or forecasting
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of these disciplines would be preferred: competitive intelligence, market research, and forecasting and or product analytics
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise:
- Experience in developing/providing insights and intelligence at Global and Regional level, and for products across the lifecycle (from early development thru commercialization)
- Must demonstrate exceptional business acumen, strategic thinking and an understanding of product development, sales and marketing business practices
- Demonstrate the ability to design and interpret primary research, secondary data analysis, and advanced analytics. These include pricing, reimbursement, HEOR, and forecast modeling in order to develop and recommend business strategies to address franchise objective.
- Experience advising senior level executives and can apply and help others on the team utilize consulting skills, listening, problem definition, complexity and problem solving skills, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation of data and insights into action and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact externally and internally to support the portfolio and externalization strategy
Decision-making and Autonomy:
- The selected candidate must demonstrate personal accountability for driving product/project initiatives, effectively influence peer and franchise marketing partners
- Broad ability to provide clear, thoughtful recommendations and insights to Global Program Teams, Rare Genetics & Hematology Franchise and Rare Disease TAU leadership based on outcomes of research projects and acquired information through multiple sources
- Ability to make complex recommendations that impact the diseases, pipeline programs and commercial assessment of BD projects.
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple primary and secondary sources, as well as stakeholders to drive solid insights and recommendations
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure recommendations and decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Ability to communicate with impact in a global, culturally diverse environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills to frame insights and recommendations, and drive clarity among stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations for Senior Management and Executive level audiences
- Engagement with following internal and external stakeholders:
- GPLS & Rare Genetics & Hematology Franchise Senior management, Franchise Head; Product Strategy Leads (PSLs), Global Commercial Leads (GCLs), New Product Leads (NPLs), PVPA and Market Access Leads, GPLs and GPT members, GPLS GCE team, Global Market Insights for other Franchises, Strategic Planning, Advocacy, Communication, Public Affairs, Innovation
- R&D & Rare Disease TAU Leadership Team, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs,
- Regional Management & teams: Regional Franchise Heads, Regional New Products Planning, Regional Insights Leads, Regional Market Access, , Tech Ops, Market Research, Forecasting, Finance, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Strategic Planning, Advocacy, Communication, Public Affairs, Innovation
- External Interaction: KOLs, key agencies and vendors, development and commercialization partners; Patient advocacy groups.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time and reducing costs for projects
- Embraces risk as opportunity and willingness to try new approaches
- Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms. Ability to rapidly synthesize information from multiple sources, communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of data, to make strategic recommendations
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Breadth of knowledge required across therapeutic areas, indications, products
- Willingness to travel to various meeting/conferences including international travel is required .