The Global Market Access Lead – CNS Digital Therapeutic is an experienced professional with regards to the development and implementation of market access strategies for healthcare products and a demonstrated understanding of the digital health technology landscape. Their task is to shape the development of BI's new digital therapeutic products that have a high chance for favorable pricing and reimbursement by key payer bodies worldwide, in particular the US. Based on their profound understanding of payers and healthcare systems, their deep strategic and operational expertise in generating evidence and thus demonstrating product value to payers, in value-based pricing and in delivering sustainable patient access solutions, they provide leadership for the market access strategy for their product(s). This includes partnering initiatives together with internal and global external stakeholders and payer/channel customers, in particular in the US. The role has a global scope but is based in the US given the opportunities for partnering directly with US payer/channel customers to facilitate patient access to digital therapeutic approaches in this market.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that product-related opportunities and challenges for the healthcare system and implications are understood. Identify customer needs and value drivers for payers and all relevant players in the distribution chain (e.g. specialty pharmacies). Lead targeted market shaping and/or market development initiatives to ensure patient access for the product(s). Lead the development of product-specific strategies for pricing and market access solutions capturing payer/channel customer needs.
- Lead the development and implementation of value demonstration strategies for the digital product(s), ensuring payer/channel customer and societal needs are consistently integrated and fully reflected in all relevant evidence generation programs (CDPs, RWE plans, HEOR plans, and PMO programs), throughout the lifecycle, and payer/channel customer standards (e.g. on EBM and patient-relevance of evidence) are consistently met.
- Represent Market Access as a member of the Corporate core and brand team(s) and relevant subteams and partner cross functionally to reflect payer/channel customer needs in the brand strategies maximizing the brand(s).
- Lead the HEOR and RWE value generation and value demonstration activities and deliverables for the product(s) in order to demonstrate their payer/channel -relevant clinical, economic and social value.
- Develop, deliver and maintain the value toolbox (GVD, health-economic models, negotiation guides, and objection handlers) for the product(s), payer/channel-relevant (health-economic) publications and/or presentations and product-related value-added services supporting patient access.
- Interact with payer/channel customers (US and potentially other global) to obtain insights into their needs and to create a strategy to address these. Translate the business strategy into a plan of action. Align payer/channel strategy into portfolio of initiatives with supporting business case. Develop road-map and manage the execution of the portfolio of initiatives. Implement the overall product strategy and ensure implementation across BI.
- Lead the selection and execution of pilots and business models with US (and potentially other global) payer/channel customers, in close collaboration with a cross-functional team (e.g. including other global and US Market Access functions, Medicine, Epidemiology, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Healthcare Innovation, other technical and business innovation teams) for BI digital products.
- Lead the development, execution of pilots, and implementation around digital approaches of data generation and analysis, in close collaboration with a cross-functional team e.g. including other global and US Market Access functions, Medicine, Epidemiology, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Healthcare Innovation, other technical and business innovation teams) and external stakeholders.
- Minimum graduate degree (PhD preferred) from an accredited institution with track record in Business, Economics, Health Economics, Medicine, Pharmacy, Finance, Natural Sciences or related discipline.
- Ten-plus (10+) years of experience in the healthcare industry required with strategic roles in Market Access, Pricing, Health Economics and/or Outcomes Research, Public Health, Key Account Management, Digital Health or related disciplines
- Experience in start-up/entrepreneurial environment strongly preferred.
- International work experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of payer customers and their requirements and successfully translated them into customized market shaping and/or development strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated understanding of the digital health technology landscape.
- In-depth understanding of healthcare provision and relevant stakeholders (payers, organized customer groups, HTA agencies and influencers).
- Thorough knowledge of evidence based medicine standards, patient reported outcomes, global and local healthcare policies and their developments, key pricing & market access regulations and practices in US (essential), Japan, Germany and China (desirable), international pricing interdependencies, health technology assessment, economics of healthcare systems, economic flows, drivers and barriers for healthcare providers, outcomes-based pricing & contracting agreements, payer-relevant value-added services
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare product development and brand strategy development, demonstrated understanding of the digital health technology landscape.
- Must demonstrate good leadership skills and business acumen.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of relevant analytical methodologies across all relevant topics/areas, excellent communication and influencing skills as well as project management and organizational capabilities are required.
- Ability to build trust and respect quickly as an organizational leader.
- Ability to present complex ideas in clear, concise manner to technical and non-technical groups.
- Ability to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details.
- 50% national and international travel may be required in the future.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.