The main purpose of this position is to provide manufacturing technology expertise to our Cargill Starches,Sweetners and Texturizers businesses. This will include:
- Providing the subject matter expertise in all CAPEX projects in the areas of experise.
- Developing, driving and track manufacturing technology standards deployed in the CSST production plants.
- Working with research to scale up and commercialize processes for new products.
- Responsible for process benchmarking in the area of expertise.
- Work directly with the local (regional) operation teams to implement a manufacturing technology roadmap/improvement plan.
- Provide leadership and content matter to drive innovation in the area of process experitse.
- Providing the subject matter expertise for the design standards, process capabilities, hazard analysis, performance monitoring, technical training, and incremental and/or significant improvements for a given manufacturing technology.
This position is a member of the manufacturingtechnology organization for S&S/CTS. This position isresponsible for thetechnology aspects of developing, implementing and optimizing processes that are manufacturing the products of S&S/CTS. The processes includeworking with multiple materials and will involvemechanical, (bio)chemical and physical modifications to produce functional solutions for our customers in a safe, regulatory compliant and cost effective way. Customer value is delivered through the following levers:
- Technology leadership in projects
- Leadership in technical innovation
- Providing support to operations as needed to drive down operating cost and solve problems
- Provide leadership in KPI definition, global benchmarking, training & auditing
- Provide leadership in development of Technology Transfer Packages, IP protection and competitive intelligence
- Technological evaluation of new business projects.
- Provide leadership in food safe process design and engineering requirements
- Process development and process definition for new products
- Provide process leadership in quality improvement matters
- Continuously improving process safety through structural process improvements
Principal Accountabilities 50% - Technology
- Profound in seeing the risk and making the right analysis.
- Partners with Functional Leadership (Engineering R&D, Strategic Sourcing, Reliability, Safety, Environmental, FSQR) to implement the design requirements for the manufacturing technology.
- Development of Technology Transfer Packages for the relevant technologies in scope.
- Responsible for translating technical process expertise to advise/consult on technology implementation of policies, procedures and standards as well as planning and execution of manufacturing technology assignments.
- Provide advice and technical content for the technical education program across the region or business unit with manufacturing technology.
- Provide direct/indirect customer support and delivery of services coming from the manufacturing technology.
- Responsible for deploying the strategy, vision, direction, long-term solution for manufacturing technology within the region or business unit.
30% - Project Management
- Utilizes expertise of manufacturing technology principles and practices and partners with Engineering discipline leaders to deploy the 10 engineering discipline design requirements for a manufacturing technology that has the capability to deliver the product(s) and/or service(s) meeting the market requirements and internal/external risk tolerances and standards while achieving the best total cost to operate.
- Collaborates across the region or business unit to identify, monitor and where applicable, implement manufacturing technologydesign improvements for existing facilities.
- Through direct contact or team, develops partnership with customers/businesses to develop deep knowledge/understanding of the manufacturing setting, business product/service life cycle, environmental, and sustainability impact, future growth considerations, as well as overall cost of ownership and long-term usability of assets
- Partners with Manufacturing Excellence SMEs to assist with the application of continuous improvement leading practices/tools to improve the manufacturing process cost and/or capabilities
- Champions and leverages strong business/customer partnership to ultimately influence changes to bridgetechnology gaps within the region or business unit. Champions and promotes long-term sustainability of process improvement and leading practices
- Partners with Operations Leaders to assess the technical competency and minimum standards that operators, line management, and a build team must achieve before building or operating the process independently within the manufacturing technology.
20% Technical reporting/Education/Presenting
- Helps deliver a technical education program for targeted audiences (such as operators, line management, process engineers, Build project manufacturing technology lead, Engineering R&D) of the manufacturing technology.
- Provides leadership, defines and establishes auditing and compliance for the manufacturing technology. Through established network enforces corporate benchmarking metrics and performance measurements to advise/consult on process improvement solutions that contribute to efficiency improvements.
- Provides leadership to monitor manufacturing technology performance metrics and goals to assess effectiveness as well as overall business impact. Partners with BU Leadership to deploy performance metrics.
- Provides lessons learned from the regional technology to the manufacturing technology leader to continuously improve manufacturing technologydesign requirements.
- Participates in industry organizations as the Manufacturing Technology SME representing Cargill to influence and keep abreast of regulations and/or RAGAGEP applicable to the manufacturing technology
- Creates plans for workforce needs to support the manufacturing technology within the region or business unit
This position may be located at one of Cargill's S&Slocations worldwide with preference for North America or Latin Americalocations.
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 5 years experience in manufacturing OR engineering
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Preferably multi-lingual
- Network of experts in the field inside and outside Cargill
- Wet Corn milling experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- The ability to work effectively in a matrix organization with cross-cultural and functional teams
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex operational, engineering and business activities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to think and act across boundaries
- Ability to work with remote teams