This Global Manager will work as part of an omnichannel, multidisciplinary, global team which is focused on elevating our media practices globally by influencing and teaching. He/she will support the Director of Global Media, and will primarily work closely with our strategic business partners inside and outside the company.
This person will be tasked to identify and educate on the consumer and behavior-driven data signals that can drive demand and growth for McDonald’s. He/she will set vision and design strategies on how these data signals can make each of our markets more effective and efficient. They will be teachers of data literacy.
In addition this person will manage all internal data collection tools and systems that integrate McDonald’s media data around the globe.
· This person will work closely with internal key stakeholders, consultants, and our agencies to identify, negotiate, and manage 2nd & 3rd party data partnerships
· This person will be responsible for shaping Global Demand Driving playbooks across key areas such as proximity marketing and McDelivery
· This person will work closely with McDonald’s Global IT/Legal/AdTech Teams to educate our system on the latest data privacy standards, and work to ensure they are upheld
· This person will support in designing and distributing training materials to upskill our markets across all areas that relate to media in a world gone digital
· This person will be responsible for data collection tools and systems that integrate data across our media agencies.
5+ years in Media: This person could have worked for a media agency, a media department within an integrated communications agency or in media roles within respected marketing departments, for a data company, or some combination.
Global experience across a range of markets and regions
Data literate and has a strong understanding of table schemas and overall database management
A true strategic and critical thinker who is channel agnostic
A proven track record of turning data signals into consumer-driven insights
Ability to work with the culture of big, complex organizations. Experience of helping pull “late adopter” organizations forward would be particularly useful.
Ability to Persuade and Inspire: The role is one of influence, so it’s important that this person is able to form strong relationships throughout McDonald’s and make the case for digital change compellingly.
Awareness: While this person needs to apply a global perspective to their work, it is critical that they first listen and learn before they can lead
Enthusiasm for the Subject: We’re looking for someone who can bring an infectious sense of interest about partnerships. They will be part evangelist – introducing new ideas, suggesting possibilities and demonstrating how other brands have done this well.
Creativity: Someone who can suggest new ways of doing things and collaborate with others to get them started. It’s not a hands-on implementation role, but a strategic one. This person will be able to set policy and direction, suggest solutions and find ways of getting them started.
Communication: Expresses complex ideas and positions in a clear, concise and timely manner.