The Global Manager for Traceability Solutions is responsible for driving the development and execution of the Omron Automation Americas' (OAA) global strategy for Traceability solutions. The Global Manager will work with others including OAA product management, engineering, operations and regional commercial organizations to drive the global industry strategy and execute on deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing Omron Automation Americas global Traceability Solutions' project initiatives by coordinating activities between the various business functions.
- Apply project management, engineering, and manufacturing expertise in resolving complex cross-functional problems and issues.
- Working across the organization, coordinate efforts to identify existing and potential new products and technologies, best practices, competitors and partners, and strategic customers' needs and pain points.
- Ensure the development of strategic business partnerships which augment OMRON capabilities to deliver packaged solutions within targeted vertical markets.
- Coordinate the establishment of key target lists that align with customers/accounts that have significant potential for OMRON products and solutions within Omron's chosen vertical markets.
- Coordinate the development of global marketing content for targeted vertical markets with Product Management to be used by the regional commercial organizations to develop campaigns (e.g., global project reference lists, case studies, and proposals).
- Support regional commercial teams to create specific sales campaigns and initiatives around key performance products in the targeted vertical market. Replicate successful campaigns in one region to others, if applicable.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering on technology, product, feature, and functionality requirements within targeted vertical markets and help to develop product development roadmap which articulates how and when these needs will be delivered.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to execute the launch of and generate market demand for new products targeted at the vertical market. Determine, with the assistance of Product Management and Engineering, if product or technology should be developed or acquired.
- Gain external and internal support to launch, within the targeted vertical market, new alliances, product or service licensing deals through detailed assessment of benefits and risks.
- Establish methodologies for achieving quality set deliverable per Omron guidelines. Work with manufacturers to align new product requirements and deliverables in Quality, Deliver and Cost.
- Work with Supply Chain and Planning teams to align material, logistics, fulfillment and system readiness.
- Facilitates the resolutions of complex team issues or determines direction to take based on risk factors, builds consensus, maintains project focus, and overcomes barriers for teams involved.
- Establish key performance metrics and reports for business objectives; provide regular updates to executive stakeholders on performance against key metrics.
Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in relevant Engineering discipline with an MBA preferred.
- Ten years of experience managing complex multi-disciplinary projects for an Engineering company.
- Proven solid technical background with 10 years of experience in New Product Development for industrial automation or similar complex technology.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence individuals from multiple disciplines which are not under direct control.
- A demonstrated solid technical background with an understanding or hands-on experience in software, firmware, and advanced sensing technologies development.
- Proven strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with global factory teams, technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, compliance, quality, customer support, marketing and executive teams.
- Ability to apply a broad and integrated perspective when planning, problem-solving, and assessing impact across functional areas; including the identification of the critical steps, activities, upstream/downstream processes, etc.
- Ability to maintain relationships with business partners in the IAB environment and other Omron entities by understanding their issues, challenges and opportunities.