Global Logistics - Senior Operations Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Transportation Services
A well established international transportation provider has an opportunity in NJ for a Senior Operations Manager to oversee the Export and Import Operations division, including Custom House Brokerage
- Provide on-boarding training to new employees
- Offer training to all employees
- Perform annual reviews as well as monthly/weekly reviews if needed
- Consistently finding ways to improve operations in the most efficient ways possible.
- Measure and maintain/improve KPI’s based off of company standards.
- Maintain and build relationships with customers and vendors
- Financial responsibilities such as ensuring timely billing and end of month financial closing checks equipment, utilities and supplies.
- Maintaining contact with customers (internal and external) with regard to conditions affecting the service levels.
- Set up Ocean Freight Contracts with Carriers, Co-Loaders
- Set up domestic drayage to CFS stations
- Responsible for overseeing all Documentation relating to Ocean Freight Export Services
- Overseeing movement and activities of all related products to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Strong operations background
- Management experience (preferably overseeing team of 10 employees +
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to bridge the gap between operations and management
- Ability to make game time decisions and think clear in stressful situations
- Applying consistent administration of responsibilities and duties
- .Ensuring cost effectiveness of operations through established control of equipment, utilities and supplies.
- Knowledge of all Ocean and Air Export regulations & movements
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong basic management and human relations skills
College degreepreferred/equivalent in business and/or minimum 10 years of experience in global forwarding
Excellent work environment, generous salary and bonus potential, Heath Coverage, 401K , etc.