Currently, Meijer is looking for a Global Logistic Manager. This position ensures a high service and supports a cost effective logisticsnetwork. Defines, develops andreports on logistical efficiency within the organization. Proactively searches out ways of reducing costs and improving services. Monitors logistics service provider performance and drives for improvement. Works with stakeholders cross functionally across the organization as well as the vendor community to improve overall product flow. Developsnetwork models, identifies inefficiencies and implements improvements to current logistics activities. Key Deliverables:
- Ensure shipments from suppliers are picked up and delivered on time to meet on time shipping arrival
- Negotiate with service providers to improve supply chain efficiency, cost effectiveness, and sustainability.
- Work with appropriate groups to identify optimal freight contract terms and arrangements to maximize profits and minimize liabilities. Analyze and recommend mode optimization opportunities
- Work with Corporate and Regional Management teams, IT on programs and/or system implementation projects related to global transportation.
- Lead performance reviews for transportation service providers.
- Implement solutions for optimum routing and carrier selection for all locations’ freight spend. Maintains and monitors compliance to all active inbound/outbound and global carrier contracts
- Manage service providers to SLA’s and KPI’s (freight forwarders, 3PL distribution centers, Intermodal carriers, FTL carriers etc.)
- Review transportation functions and identify areas for improvement.
- Represents Logistics team on escalations, investigating and resolving a variety of issues relating to own business area, taking into account overall Meijer objectives when considering the resolution.
- Ensure all employees are adequately trained and are competent to perform their assigned tasks.
- Identify and implement improvements in overall workflow and standard work practices.
- Promote a safe environment and meet safety requirements complying with company policies and regulations.
- Manages external business relationships in line with Meijer code of ethics and business conduct.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of theresponsibilities of this position; may performother duties as assigned orrequired.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Materials Management
- A minimum of five (5) years in a Global Logistics role at a management level.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, databasereporting tools and Lean Logistics.
- Excellent communication skills – able to illustrate complex issues to senior management in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience managing small parcel, regional carriers and LTL logistics providers ( GM role- Freight forwards and Ocean carriers)
- Demonstrate change management skills/experience.
- Demonstrated ability to set and carry out priorities effectively.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and provide the leadership to implement solutions to complex problems using the best available technology.
- Business orientation and acumen, fast and assertive decision-making based on analytical thinking.
- Flexibility and agility to respond quickly and effectively in a highly dynamic, changing environment.
- Capability to establish good relationships with others who have different values, cultural styles and perspectives. Setting high and ambitious goals and standards for oneself and others, continuously raising the bar.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business work as it relates to supply chain operations.