Experience in freight forwarding or logistics is a must.
Our client is a logistics firm that delivers outstanding freight forwarding and customs brokerage services worldwide. They are hiring an HR Director to act as the top authority on the company's people management initiatives, including internal recruiting, benefits administration, payroll, and employee satisfaction.
The HR Director is responsible for key strategic decisions and internal controls related to the company's most important asset: its people. They will have a high level of authority to help guide the company to achieve high employee satisfaction and retention in the competitive freight-forwarding industry.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, 401(k) match, and annual performance bonuses.
- High visibility; reports directly to C-suite.
- Team of direct reports and hire/fire authority.
- Team of capable, experienced professionals at the top of their industry.
- Strong financial positioned within a booming market: outstanding industry reputation and competitive pricing in a high-demand environment.
- High employee tenure.
- Millions of dollars in assets and strong partnerships nationwide.
- Strong customer focus and many awards for quality customer experience and service integrity.
- History of investing in employees and prioritizing career growth.
- Full responsibility for company's HR operations, including hiring, benefits, and productivity.
- Assist with absorbing staff from M&As.
- Set HRbudget, including benefits expense, 3rd party recruiting, bonuses, and regular salary increases.
- Oversee a team of direct reports.
- Develop HR policies and procedures in line with business goals to improve employee satisfaction, productivity, and retention.
- Deliver quarterly/annual reports to C-level management. Advise executive management on key strategic decisions.
- Approve department compensation structure, hiring guidelines, and employee benefits plans.
- Supervise risk management initiatives and legal compliance with FMLA, workers comp, and other regulations.
- Extensive industry experience in supply chain, global logistics, freight, or transportation.
- 8+ years of HR management experience, including experience at the director or VP level.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- HR certifications are a plus.
- Strong understanding of HR practices in an international environment.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to coach, mentor, and train.
- Excellent communication skills.