At Tektronix, we believe in you. We believe in your potential — your ability to learn, grow, and contribute in meaningful ways. We believe in the power of great people working together to innovate and solve problems no one could solve alone. We build enduring partnerships with our customers and take on their challenges and opportunities as our own.
We’re currently looking for a talented individual to lead the Tektronix Global Logistics Category. At Tektronix, our culture is defined by problem solvers. As the industry’s leader in Test and Measurement solutions, every day we eliminate the barriers between inspiration and the realization of world-changing technologies. We are a place where people who share a drive and passion to make a personal difference can learn, grow, and achieve – and together with our customers, we have the potential to accelerate progress. Are your ready to join us on this journey?
The Global Logistics Category Manager will establish and implement the strategic direction of transportation & warehousing for Tektronix globally while contributing to the Global Fortive Logistics strategy and operational execution. They will develop processes, standards and operational plans in support of business strategies with a direct decision making impact on overall results. Oversee performance and drive improvements in quality, cost and delivery through continuous improvement and lean six sigma principles. The Global Logistics Category Manager will be responsible for spend of approximately $20M globally, drive the global perspective for transportation across regions, and be ultimately responsible for managing the global logistics network execution. This position will report directly to the Tektronix Vice President of Global Supply Chain.
Here’s where you’ll demonstrate your competencies:
- Set a vision which supports the global growth strategy, profitability objectives and customer requirements; and establish the necessary strategic imperatives which enable that vision.
- Develop a standardized process for supplier relationship management including quarterly reviews.
- Provide functional global strategy to guide the daily execution, performance improvement and career development of the distribution and transportation staff.
- Implement a freight payment process.
- Establish and manage an operating system to oversee activities that are critical to the short-term and long-term success of the business and achieve key performance indicator goals.
- Ensure both owned and 3PL distribution warehouses are sized, designed and staffed properly, in line with future requirements spanning volume, handling, storage, shipping and value-added service.
- Develop logistics programs to maximize strategic tax programs and minimize logistics costs.
- Create long-term and short-term financial projections and key performance indicators.
- Develop individual employees and teams within the Logistics organization.
- Deliver results that meet or exceed the regional operating plan objectives.
- Exhibits and leads on the “Fortive 9:” Customer-obsessed, adaptable, delivers results, strategic, leads with FBS, innovates for impact, inspires, exhibits courage, and builds extraordinary teams.
- 15+ years of experience in Logistics, Transportation / Supply Chain Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. MBA preferred.
- Experience managing import and export compliance, ocean and air freight forwarders, consolidators, brokers, and domestic transportation carriers; demonstrated proficiency working with Customs Brokers.
- Competence and experience in international logistics operations and trade regulations, including ITAR, AEO,C-TPAT.
- Experience setting up and managing third-party logistics providers, multiple inventory locations and spare parts depots.
- Materials planning and controls process knowledge in sales, inventory, and operations planning processes, inventory management, WMS, and ERP.
- Experience in deployment of WMS systems highly desired.
- Excellent negotiations skills.
- Electronic manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record of building successful virtual teams.
- Demonstrated ability to influence strategic direction, lead on a global basis, track record in delivering results and a thorough understanding of global trade.
- Ability to travel 20-25%
Here are a few examples of the traits we value:
- Unquestioned integrity and excellent judgment.
- Excellent organizational skills, exceptional subject matter expertise, a high degree of adaptability and the ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities.
- Solid presentation, communications and influencing skills, demonstrated through all forms of communication.
- A strong collaborative leadership style with ability to drive change and build followership across multiple business units, locations, organizational levels, and functions.
- Strong time management and document management skills with attention to detail.
- Cultural savvy: the ability to work effectively in a global environment.
- Executive presence with ability to inspire confidence and gain & hold the trust of senior management.
- Process and results orientation. A history of building sustainable and innovative standard work and systems.
- Keen problem-solving skills, with a fondness for providing solutions or paths to resolution on complex matters.
This position's primary/essential functions are subject to US Government ITAR compliance requirements under current government contracts. Therefore, all applicants must be either a US Citizen or a holder of a current valid Green Card and must provide proof of citizenship or legal residency via a birth certificate, a current valid green card, unexpired passport, or a naturalization certificate. We encourage applicants to bring such proof to their interview. However, in no case will applicants be allowed to begin their scope of work in this specific position without providing such proof. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and if applicable a motor vehicle record search and/or financial record check. Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities.