Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses from startups to Fortune 500s in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies.
At Stripe we care about going global, as part of this we want to deliver content and a product that is accessible to all users. Localization is key to going global as it facilitates a great user experience for our international users by delivering relevant content/products. As a localization program manager you will work closely with sales, support, marketing and product teams to launch new products, develop locale aware go-to-market strategies and translate content.
- Create and drive Stripe’s localization strategy and work with multiple teams to improve our process for localizing our products and content.
- Design and implement an efficient and scalable product localization process across - Stripe’s entire business (including core products, website, documentation, and user outreach to name a few)
- Work closely with engineering teams to design and develop internal tooling for internationalization efforts.
- Manage the localization process for Stripe, end to end, from initial planning to content delivery ensuring that we deliver content and products on time.
- Manage our localization vendors and use evaluation methods to drive high quality and timely translations.
- Evangelize internationalization standards and build out Stripe’s localization best practices.
- Leverage data to help Stripe make strategic investment decisions and to further optimize the localization process.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience as a localization program manager or similar.
- Experienceworking with a localization service provider.
- Proven track record managing localization projects from initial planning to content delivery.
- Experience with translation management systems (such as SDL Studio and PhraseApp).
- Understanding of localization tools, file formats (HTML, XML, iWork, iBooks, MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop etc.) and experience in content handling and editing.
- Experience with different localization methods in addition to document translation, including reverse translation, CMS integration, video subtitle and voiceover (dubbing) localization.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with teams across different regions, as localization at Stripe involves many different organizations.
- Fast-learner and able to cope with a fast paced environment.
- Drive and willingness to improve and optimize the process continuously.