$200K — $250K *
* Responsible to ESD/TSD; to maximize efficiencies between global and regional execution of market access/reimbursement.
* Provide strategic input into clinical trial design for relevant endpoint selection: e.g. economic, humanistic, in support of value proposition development
* Lead the development and execution of a global HEMA strategy and plan in coordination with market access/reimbursement aligned to respective ESD/TSD business unit.
* Develop the Economic Value Proposition in the product development process with cross-functional teams; and manage the “value proposition” providing HEMA with timely deliverables at the appropriate stage gate to demonstrate the differentiated value of our technologies.
* Ensure that market access strategy requirements are recognized and intrinsic to the product pipeline via Value Propositions.
* Collaborates closely with other functional areas to effectively develop RFPs, select research partners, execute contracts, plan budgets, develop analytical plans, oversee data collection/acquisition, and develop research findings into publications in alignment with Olympus’ strategic imperatives.
* Ensure barriers to access are understood regionally and systematically through close partnerships with regional/local HEMA teams.
* Coordinate with Medical & Clinical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs to ensure appropriate clinical support and guidance when addressing reimbursement issues in order to foster the development of Value Propositions.
* Lead collaboration with regional HEMA overseeing the development of customer facing tools and programs for purchasers, payers and policy makers.
* Ensure that market access is optimized via customer-facing communication tools and messaging
* Oversee the planning and execution of HEOR studies and the generation/dissemination of evidence of value (e.g., RWE, budget impact models, HCP-reported outcomes, retrospective databases, etc.).
* Responsible to ensure the development of consistent tools and methodologies to apply across the ESD/TSD products.
* Understands the unmet needs of non-clinical stakeholders (e.g., providers, payers and policy makers).
* Lead responses to inquiries regarding technology assessment committees about the value of the ESD/TSD product.
* Liaises with regional stakeholders and customers to bring feedback to the Global organization.
* Ensure that the business units understand the work that HEMA is conducting.
* Oversee the development and management of HEMA budget related to business unit products.
* Perform other related job duties as assigned.
* Advanced degree in economics, health economics, or public health (Masters, MPH, MD, DO, PharmD, RPH, DNSc or PhD)
* Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 5-7 years in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or medical device industry.
* In-depth knowledge of (US) healthcare systems including managed care organizations, IDN’s, Medicare and Medicaid; similar experience in national HTA agencies (ICER, HAS, GBA, NICE, etc)Previous successful track record of working in Health Economics & Reimbursement for medical devices.
* Domestic and international travel 20%, including weekend and evening travel as needed
* Track record of working effectively with other cultures and international teams
* Performing economic data analysis, econometric modelling, and real-world outcomes research in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or medical device industry
* Competency in medical science, epidemiology, clinical trials, product development and outcomes research including research methods, health economics, and related disciplines.
* Highly motivated self-starter who can work independently and in a cross functional team setting, dealing with highly complex issues.
* Record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, customer-facing tool development.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills across all levels of the organization and with external payor and hospital value groups.
* Fluent in English, additional language is a plus
* Strong business management mind-set and the ability to implement solutions that support the achievement of business goals
* Demonstrated ability to influence senior commercial leadership and confidently defend informed recommendations
* Strong analytical, quantitative, and strategic thinking skills
* Impeccable attention to detail and ability to complete writing assignments in a timely manner with minimal oversight.
* Successful track record of managing and balancing multiple projects with overlapping timelines in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
* Track record of successful partnership & collaboration with key stakeholders and business partners.
Valid through: 6/30/2021