The Enterprise IT Unified Communications Technical Architect position in the HPE Global IT organization is being created to lead the team of employees and contract vendors with overall responsibility for availability and performance of the global HPE Skype, Exchange, SharePoint and similar unified communications platforms.
As the lead architect of this group, you will build upon our state of the art technology, and craft the processes needed by HPE to operate, innovate and grow. You will play a key role in driving HPE’s Global IT enterprise Exchange and unified communications technology roadmap and the ongoing lifecycle support.
This is a technical architect position with the requirement to fully understand and have sufficient background in global Exchange, SharePoint and unified communications strategy and operations to lead a team of employee and contractor architects and operational subject matter experts.
This position will be based in Houston, Austin TX or Roseville, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 7x24 support of global Exchange, SharePoint and unified communications components.
- 7x24 support of Microsoft Skype for Business instant messaging, web conferencing and voice architecture for global platform landscape.
- Design, build, and oversee deployment and ongoing support for Dial Plans, Voice Policies, Unified Messaging, SIP trunks, audio gateways and audio conferencing.
- Design, build and oversee deployment and ongoing support of Active Directory, enterprise windows servers, Office 365, DNS, certificate and related components.
- Management of technical team and vendors for Exchange and SharePoint servers’ on-prem and cloud in a global setting.
- Design and implement near and long term strategy ensuring Exchange, SharePoint and unified communications platform capacity and performance meets existing and future requirements.
- Supervise employee and vendor MS Exchange, SharePoint and unified communications architecture and operations staff including hiring, training, and evaluating.
- Guide and provide work direction to a team of employee and contract operations and project staff IT unified communications subject matter experts.
- Provide technical expertise for Exchange services and unified communications in the areas of operations, project management, and serve as an escalation resource for all technical needs.
- Coordinate and execute upon approval adjustments and changes that increase performance and availability.
- Provide platform design, definition and coordination of standards, project management, and lead technology research for Exchange, SharePoint and related platforms.
- Assist with vendor supported projects and ongoing support relating to unified communications.
- Ongoing review of capacity utilization to align with budget planning.
- Maintain up-to-date system and platform specific documentation and inventories across the enterprise.
- Ensure availability and optimal performance of services through continuous assessment of MS Exchange and unified communications operations.
- Provide advance notification of all planned system and email and unified communications outages and set realistic expectations on availability. With the other IT towers and the change management team to schedule.
- Assess technical risk and provide timely mitigation and remediation plans.
- Evaluate new technology and tools and build business cases for their use.
- Oversees technical design documentation process for correctness and timeliness.
- Participate in cross functional project reviews and Identify high risk areas pertaining to MS Exchange and unified communications scope.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards including Change Management.
- Research and recommend possible automated approaches for administration tasks.
- Ensure daily system monitoring, verify integrity and availability of all unified communications hardware, resources, systems and key processes, and review system and application logs.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- 5 years of experience with broad and deep technical knowledge of unified communications design and implementation, and ongoing operations for global scale organizations.
- 5 years of management experience for outsource vendors in unified communications or closely related IT scope for project and steady state services.
- Previous experience with define, design, deployment and ongoing support for Skype for Business enterprise voice and PSTN.
- Previous experience with the define, design, deployment and ongoing support of Dial Plans, Voice Policies, Unified Messaging, SIP trunks, audio gateways and Skype audio and video conferencing.
- Experience with design deployment and ongoing support of Skype conferencing on wireless networks in particular with Aruba wireless in high density office, manufacturing and lab environments.
- Hands-on and team management experience with Federated Active Directory, DNS, certificate and related components.
- Experience with Exchange and SharePoint windows servers and services, Office 365 and OneDrive in a global setting.
- A self-starter with a strong interest in technology and its practical application along with the ability to deal with a fast paced environment and ambiguity.
- Strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology.
- Strong understanding of the use and performance management of VoIP and Skype traffic over a global network with heavy use of Aruba wireless technologies.
- Ability to facilitate problem solving among administrative groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff, and senior management.
- Strong team building, leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries.
- Considerable experience with multi-site, global IP telephony / unified communications rollouts and migrations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work with a range of technical staff to develop joint solutions in project and ongoing support situations.
- Ability to achieve efficiencies through workflow improvement.
- Knowledge and experience with Azure Office 365 and cloud based Exchange and SharePoint management / monitoring / security is desirable.
Job ID 1027897