Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 40 countries Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI is seeking a Global IT Support Consultant who will provide strategic planning, systems engineering and design, and support for PSI offices in Asia, Africa and Latin America. You’ll work with internal and external technical resources, IT management and field office leadership to evaluate the current state of IT systems and infrastructure. You’ll be a key member of a team that analyzes, designs and supports the deployment and implementation of updates, upgrades and expansions globally. You will be a primary contributor to strategy, policy planning and development for global IT Operations.
This is a remote work position, which could have you traveling up to 25% of your time, sometimes two or three weeks at a stretch. You’ll need to manage large workloads and deadlines efficiently with limited supervision in challenging environments. You’ll report to the IT Operations Director and be supported by the IT Operations team in Washington, DC. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential to your success. Fluency in English and French is required. Spanish and Portuguese are desired.
Sound like you? Read on.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Country office IT infrastructure assessments and planning to support global implementation of PSI business systems
- Develop, update & maintain security standards, procedures, and guidelines for NTIC related tasks.
- Develop global IT policies and procedures that ensure regulatory and funder compliance as well as a secure operating environment.
- Ensure compliance with PSI policies tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Support Office 365 for field offices. Such as provisioning accounts & mailboxes, migrating mail, providing end user training to familiarize clients with all features of Office 365
- Provide written requirements, system architecture plans and designs, test plans, implementation plans, operation guides, and overall subject matter expertise for designated technologies
- Work closely with key vendors to support infrastructure, address escalated issues and keep current with technologyportfolio
- First support contact for a range of requests from field offices including hardware and software procurement assistance, reviewing of vendor proposals, and providing application support
- Support and mentor global IT staff
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Assist with planning and budgeting
- Support audits and fraud investigations
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents
What are we looking for?
- Networking, switches, routers, Firewall, VPN, ISP
- Backup, planning, management & disaster recovery
- VMware, Hyper-V, Virtualization planning, troubleshooting
- SAN/DAS/NAS Storage
- VOIP, PBX
- Mobile Application/Device Management
- Identity Management
- Vendor contract negotiation
- Windows desktop and Server operating systems
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Remote Desktop Services
- Distributed File Systems
- Microsoft Security and Compliance Center
- Microsoft Exchange Administration
- Microsoft Office 365
- Skype For Business
- Intuit QuickBooks Pro/Enterprise
- Hardware procurement
- Software licensing
- Bachelor’s degree in networking, computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of experience in networking, information technologyinfrastructure management or relevant technology field
- Excellent communication skills: both solid writing skills and ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Requires prior experience working with project teams to achieve systems implementation, testing and deployment in a developing country context
- Fluency in English and French is required. Spanish or Portuguese language skills are a plus;