Ford Motor Company is seeking a North American based IT manager to lead our Security Operations and Open Database Management teams. This key position resides within our global IT infrastructure operations organization. The leader in this role partners with various engineering and operations teams to ensure comprehensive customer-centric services are provided and operated securely and efficiently. This is a leadership role responsible for managing a team of 120+ IT operations professionals, based across the globe.
- Manage 7x24 global security operations teams responsible for securityinfrastructure, active directory, identity management, antivirus operations, end point security, and global client software distribution.
- Ensure SLAs and control requirements are met while driving continual improvement and efficiency.
- Collaborate with IT Strategy team leadership to drive security related technology direction and facilitate deployment and operational support of new technologies and policies.
- Co-lead with Security Engineering team management of directory service infrastructure, changes and on-going operations. Drive required performance improvements as well as technology roadmaps.
- Co-manage the Global Operations Database Administration team responsible for monitoring and maintaining all open database servers worldwide.
- Lead the global teams that handle incidents, requests, as well as software installations, upgrades, patching, and security compliance.
- Understand and implement Operating Level Agreements for Security Operations and Database Operations.
- Ensure IT changes follow proper procedures to minimize risk to enterprise, maintain optimal performance and reduce unplanned outages.
- Monitor and report consolidated operational metrics for quality, cost and consumption.
- Work with hardware and software suppliers to ensure Ford's requirements are met operationally and in future products.
- Prepare Security Infrastructure Operations and Database support readiness for Ford’s new enterprise data centers and hosting offerings.
- Develop operational “point of view” for future security and database technologies. Ensure operational readiness and sustainability.
- Consult on risk-based models to ensure appropriate cost-effective approaches are deployed.
- Manage annual operations budget of approx. $34M.
- Live the IT desired culture to deliver Information Technology Key Results.
- Develop and execute time-bounded action plans for training and career development for self and team.
- Delegate responsibilities as appropriate, to provide development opportunities for direct reports.
- Help develop team’s technical and leadership capabilities with a focus on operational stability, automation, and monitoring.
- Participate in establishing the processes and controls to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization’s technology resources are used optimally.
- Proactively collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that efficiently support company organizational needs.
- Lead people to create a culture of collaboration within the organization that emphasizes teamwork and accountability and a focus on the customer both internally and externally.
- Will also provide:
- Infrastructure Support
- Application Support
- Relationship Management
- IT Partner Management
- Team Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Change Leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of progressive responsibilities in an IT leadership role
- 3+ years’ providing 7x24 operational support utilizing global teams.
- 3+ years of experience leading security and control policies, procedures, tools, and standards
- 3+ years of experience with security and compliance auditing processes
- 3+ years of experience with database software and/or background with operations management.
- 3+ years of experience with ITIL processes including incident, change, request, problem, and knowledge management.
- 3+ years of experience managing operating budgets
- Knowledge of industry leading Security Infrastructure tools.
- Demonstrated capability of active listening and collaboration skills with executive level management
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all actions.
- Ability to think outside of the box, think creatively & determine “how can we” vs “why can’t we” when finding alternative solutions.
- Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Has demonstrated ability to deliver on commitments through leadership, rigorous execution, teamwork, strategic planning/scheduling, problem analysis, resolution and productivity improvements.
- Understanding of the technology management process
- Ability to translate business requests into IT requirements
- Knowledgeable of security products and services, with the ability to influence ITO organization to meet customer needs
- Excellent networking skills and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to "own working together" with internal and external constituents
- Ability to enforce process disciplines and improvement in a non-confrontational manner
- Demonstrated superior communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage highly technical staff
- Experience in leading global teams and supervising out-of-country staff (including technical specialists)
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team, you discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.