Ability to partner with corporate counterparts to implement global initiatives around cyber security, contingency plans, & JDE upgrades
- Develops and periodically maintains a strategic roadmap of prioritized activities and projects. This is accomplished by working directly with the business owners to prioritize business-related activities and projects
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Develop global IT team for Band-It
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, maintain and manage a quality assurance plan for helping ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications. Involves creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions. This is accomplished by leveraging best practices that include Service Management concepts and frameworks such as ITIL.
- Collect data in order to evaluate and optimize network or system performance.
- Implement, create, and manage IDEX wide policies and security standards
- Add users to a network and assign and update security permissions on the network.
- Create and maintain network and infrastructure maps.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
IT Project & Resource Management
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data centers.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff
- Manages IT resources and budget to maximize return and overall value for Band-It’s global operations
- Manages IT related vendor contracts and relationships
- Train users in the proper use of hardware and software and set up periodic training courses for users in areas where improvement or clarity may be required.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- After hours support in certain circumstances will be required where emergency repairs are needed or when there are disruptive changes or repairs that would need to be scheduled in off hours. On-site and/or remote support depending on the project.
Department Management & Team Leadership:
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedure. Additionally, maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Able to function in high energy, high paced environment
- Excellent at managing priorities, multi-tasking and deliver against deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a matrixed environment
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office . . . Excel proficiency is a must)
- Creative thinker and demonstrated ability to develop and sustain basic process rhythms
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENCIES:
- 10+ years of relevant IT experience preferably within a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of IT management experience
· Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent experience in IT
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (MS Exchange, Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems), JD Edwards, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience implementing EDI
- Experience writing database queries
- Strong creative and analytical thinking
- An internally and externally customer focused mindset
- Relevant professional certifications
- Operations experience in a production environment
- Ability to understand technical concepts such a server architecture, virtualization, radio, telephony, VPN, enterprise security strategies and tools
- Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies