This position will work with functional and geographical partners within Nike to develop global communications campaigns and plans aligned to our global communication strategies and objectives.
Examples of work include:
- Oversee projects and internal events (such as pop-ups, intimate gatherings, large-scale event executions and seasonal campaigns) start to finish, including idea generation, run of show development, theme and key messaging, promotion and storytelling, measurement and recapping, etc.
- Project management of key employee campaigns and events aligned with brand/sport moments, key product launches and initiatives
- Work closely with our corporate and category communications teams – including Running, Nike Women’s, Global Football, Nike Sportswear, Nike Digiral, Nike Direct, Young Athletes, Human Resources and more – to develop experience plans and engaging content outputs.
- Work alongside the global intranet portal publishing team on promotion, content capture and storytelling around our employee experiences around the world.
- Gather ongoing insights around Nike’s external target audiences, brand and product pipelines, and global employee insights further our approach to employee communications
- Oversee external and in-house support teams of freelance resources and agencies to produce events
- Capability lead and advisor within the internal communications group and across the organization for employee ambassadorship and advocacy
- Liaise with spokesperson management teams on ideation and participation in employee events
- Oversee budgets related to all event production
The ideal candidate has a thorough foundation in event production, writing and content creation. Candidate should have experience overseeing event logistics and communication and storytelling across multiple platforms – including print, web, audio, video, mobile and social media.
An effective candidate will be asked to develop and cultivate key relationships internally with multiple business partners, and work well in a cross-functional, cross-geographical and cross-categorical matrix organizational structure.
Role requires someone who can deliver a forward-looking, insight-driven approach to our communications strategies, evolving as the business progresses and proactively adapting to the ever-changing internal environment, consumer and industry trends and communications platform landscape.
- Bachelor's degre in Journalism, English, Design, Communications, Business, Sport Management, or related discipline
- 5+ yearexperience in high profile Corporate Communications, Brand Communications or Event Management role supporting globally branded organizations, either in agency or in-house
- Ability to develop communications that engage across multiple platforms, i.e., mobile, intranet, video, long-form features, digital newsletters, event postings, script writing, presentations, etc.
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses, or elevate to higher management
- Excellent writing and strategic planning skills combined with a sense of urgency, flexibility and attention to detail