Job ID: SHA000667
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visit www.pall.com/green.
Provide support for desktop operations and local site server systems. System administration, development, security and support of all relevant infrastructures.
- Provide user and administrative support for desktop and local server systems.
- Provide technical guidance to users and management for desktop support and local server systems.
- Participate in projects or teams and directed by the Manager/Supervisor.
- Assist Manager/Supervisor in development of desktop support and local server systems strategy.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of all relevant hardware and software.
- Implementation and support of network operating systems and services.
- Configuration, installation & deployment of all PC’s and PC related peripherals.
- Configuration, installation, deployment & support of desktop management suite.
- Support local manufacturing systems.
- Develop and maintain appropriate desktop and server related procedures and ensure these procedures are enforced.
- Develop & maintain appropriate disaster recovery procedures.
- Develop a working knowledge of department specific applications.
- Keep abreast of technical aspects of PC-LAN computing environment.
- Provide project management for implementations and role-outs.
- Provide Manager/Supervisor with equipment projections and assist with purchasing.
- Perform daily backup procedures as defined by technical leads.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform system analysis and utilizationreports as required.
- Log into and use telephone and computer based Service Desk system to record all support activities.
- Establish plans to quickly recover from unforeseen equipment failure.
- Enhance existing infrastructure to provide fault tolerance and redundancy of hardware and software configurations. Ability to configure hot spare networking equipment for rapid deployment.
- Proactive support of infrastructure hardware (supportcontracts, UPS battery replacements, etc.)
- Participate in 24 X 7on-call /onsite support rotation for equipment failure. Troubleshoot and resolve issues during off-hours as needed.
- Acts as lead in the absence of site manager; is able to make decisions in emergency situations and is well-versed in procedures related to resolving infrastructure issues.
Other Duties:• Contribute to meeting the departmental key performance indicators.• Provide training to Americas community as required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and associated peripherals.
- Excellent knowledge of network hardware and management tools.
- Excellent knowledge of network operating systems and applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft O/S, Server and Desktop
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP & TCP/IP.
- Excellent Knowledge of Lotus Domino administration
- Ability to use technical documentation and diagnostic tools to solve hardware and software problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgement and strong analytical skills as well as follow-up and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, parallel projects.
- Ability to perform risk assessments.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline
- 3years experience of desktop support.
- 3years experience implementing and maintaining Windows based application servers.
- 3years experience of network applications / operating systems / hardware.
- 1yearexperience of administering a multi-server domino environment.
- Up-to-date professional certification in the relevant technical area.
- Be prepared to travel and work unsociable hours.
- Provide out of hours support.
- Provide coverage for National Holidays.
- Follow relevant legal requirements and the Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Keep your work area tidy and free from hazard.
- Make a positive contribution to housekeeping.
- Report and address and safety defects