Job ID: SHA000677
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visit www.pall.com/green.
Client and Server system support and administration, patch management and identification and remediation of security vulnerabilities, support of all relevant IT infrastructure.
- Identification and remediation of security vulnerabilities on PC clients, servers, applications, & all applicable IT Infrastructure including scheduled and emergency patch management.
- Provide project management for vulnerability remediation program.
- Provide user and administrative support for desktop and local server systems.
- Provide technical guidance to users and management for desktop support and local server systems.
- Participate in projects or teams and directed by the Manager/Supervisor.
- Assist Manager/Supervisor in development of desktop support and local server systems strategy.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of all relevant hardware and software.
- Implementation and support of network operating systems and services.
- Configuration, installation & deployment of all PC’s and PC related peripherals.
- Configuration, installation, deployment & support of desktop management suite.
- Support local manufacturing systems.
- Develop and maintain appropriate desktop and server related procedures and ensure these procedures are enforced.
- Develop & maintain appropriate disaster recovery procedures.
- Develop a working knowledge of department specific applications.
- Keep abreast of technical aspects of PC-LAN computing environment.
- Provide project management for implementations and rollouts.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform system analysis and utilizationreports as required.
- Log into and use telephone and computer based Service Desk system to record all support activities.
- Contribute to meeting the departmental key performance indicators.
- Provide training to user community as required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and associated peripherals.
- Excellent knowledge of network hardware and management tools.
- Excellent knowledge of network operating systems and applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft O/S, Server and Desktop.
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP & TCP/IP.
- Excellent knowledge of tools related to identifying and remediating security vulnerabilities and patch management
- Ability to use technical documentation and diagnostic tools to solve hardware and software problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgement and strong analytical skills as well as follow-up and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, parallel projects.
- Ability to perform risk assessments.
experience of desktop support.
experience implementing and maintaining Windows based application servers.
experience of administering a multi-server domino environment.
experience of network applications / operating systems / hardware.