Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Gallagher is looking for a Global Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) Director who will help ensure we are supporting an increasingly diverse community and inclusive culture. You will provide strategic advice and counsel to Gallagher’s leadership on diversity-related issues. The I&D Director will also serve as a subject matter expert and be responsible for partnering across our functions and business divisions to design and deliver solutions supporting short- and long-term I&D priorities.
You will have the opportunity to drive real value to our people and clients by providing I&D education, tools and resources. The role will set the tone for how we speak about our strategy within the organization as well as to our clients, employees and candidates.
How will you impact our business?
- Define and lead enterprise level I&D priorities to improve employee experience and the impact external partnerships/sponsorships, as well as partner with the business to develop and enable divisional I&D strategies
- Provide project management, resources/tools, and guidance to drive success of inclusion and diversity initiatives in partnership with appropriate business and functional team members
- Own the methodology to effectively identify, monitor, and report on critical metrics to evaluate Gallagher’s progress on achieving I&D goals, efficacy of related initiatives and inform priorities
- Partner with the Marketing & Communications and Recruiting teams to communicate efforts and results internally and externally (including employees, leadership, clients, shareholders and candidates).
- Manage I&D information on Gallagher’s intranet and website and submit our work toward indexes and for award nominations
- Act as an I&D point of contact to internal and external I&D related organizations, and foster a network to further knowledge, awareness and application of I&D best practices and trends
- Provide relevant data, analysis, and recommendations to guide decision-making related to strategic recruitment and retention effort
- Serve as a key strategic and business partner to senior leaders regarding diversity and inclusion-related issues, topics, programs and trends. Drive an integrated approach to diversity and inclusion, and implement impactful initiatives across Gallagher globally
You Should Have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Organizational Development, or related field
- 7-10 years of related experience including defining and implementing organizational development, talent, and learning strategies to achieve short- and long-term business objectives
What's Nice to Have:
- A Master’s degree in a related field A Master’s degree in a related field
- Advanced project management, organization and planning skills and detail-orientation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to efficiently tailor messaging to various internal and external partner groups
- Skilled in change management and creating alignment with a diverse set of employees
- Experience effectively partnering with HR and business teams to deliver strategies/solutions for global, cross-functional audiences
- Experience operating in a matrixed environment, and track record of leading through diplomatic influence rather than formal authority
- Effective analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and practice