Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: San Diego California
You’re looking for a place where you can be heard. A place you can impact change and manage that change. Where you work with a forward-thinking team that is leading the industry in strategy.
Welcome to our Human Resources Business Partner opportunity!
- Provides HR consultation and support to organizations within Teradata’s Engineering R&D organization on HR initiatives in support of our business solution led, technology enabled go-to-market strategy. This includes strategies to accelerate the organization’s transformation to create a high-performance culture.
- Serve as primary contact for the organization to assist employees with people, and team support
- Provide strategic business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching to managers and leaders of the organization
- Proactively assess team and employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Integrate and partner withHR colleagues in Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and other HR Program teams to implement solutions
- BS/BA degree in HR Management, Industrial Relations or related
- 8 years in a Human Resources (preferably 5 years as a HRGeneralist)
- Ability to collaborate, influence and inspire others into action and create unique solutions that lead to results
- Self-confidence to push through issues while maintaining relationships, and demonstrated techniques and experience overcoming obstacles
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with excellent time management and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment and hold themselves to a very high standard
- Self-directed with success as an individual contributor and team member
Ideally you would have:
- Broad range of HRexperience (including: Compensation, HR Technology, Talent Management, Performance Management and general HR)
- Ability to make data-driven recommendations that align with business priorities
- Previous experienceworking with engineering teams
- Ability to travel
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of the Big Data, Analytics, AI industry! Teradata invented the Big Data space and we’re now leading it at scale
- A beautiful campus featuring an on-site cafeteria, coffee shop, game room, fitness facility, a 1 mile walking path, and views across San Diego
- Voted as one of the world’s most ethical companies for 8 years running