Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Interested? Feel free to email your resume to: Stephanie.Dennis@teradata.com
Job Title: Global Human Resources Business Partner Leader
Location: San Diego, CA
This position will serve as the HRBP for the Global Sales Operations, Strategic Alliances and Channels organizations, representing and employee population of roughly 175 employees.
HRBPs at Teradata are the “next generation” of the HR Business Partner, working side-by-side with their business units or functional executives driving Organizational Effectiveness (OE) drawing upon extensive business and HR acumen to provide advice and counsel as a partner to the business leaders and client group
- Lead and set the priorities for HR within your client group, working in partnership with other members of GTM HR team, Regional HRBP’s, generalists and COEs
- Help set and deliver against the Regional HR and client group business objectives; being accountable for results
- Implementing and adapting corporate, regional or client group programs
- Roll up your sleeves focus with regional clients to establish, deploy and execute upon business process, strategy and capability building; aligning, and executing together with Country HR team members to drive and deploy with clients across region.
- Support M&A, integrations, and reorganization activities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources management, organizational develop or a related field
- 8-10 years of progressive leadership experience as an HR Business Partner or COE leader, including global program deployment responsibilities.
- Experience supporting and leading HR and business transformation and change across a sales organization.
- Deep knowledge and broad knowledge of HR practices, principles and procedures based on working closely with colleagues across the HR function (talent, performance, compensation, compliance, etc.), regional country HRBP’s and generalists, and internal partners (Legal, Finance, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing talent strategies aligned with business strategies
- Work in environments that drove excellence, held high standards and took a practical, but creative/innovative approach to human capital
- Strategic orientation and critical thinking skills with ability align and integrate disparate talent management programs embracing the global approach, and regional focus with respect toward localization and business applicability
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels, including providing critical feedback and the ability to help our executives, managers and employees navigate through difficult situations
- Have a strategic mindset and understand the business and how HR can influence the business, but also enjoys rolling up their sleeves; we call this “zooming in and zooming out”
- Have a point of view and the confidence/courage to (appropriately) challenge assumptions, coupled with a high level of professionalism and the sophistication and finesse to push through issues while maintaining relationships
- Be curious, a continuous learner and a student of our business, human resources and HR technology and regulations to both maintain current knowledge, but also to ensure compliance
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of the leading cloud-based analytics company. We are driving analytics at scale and AI for the world's top enterprises.
- A beautiful campus featuring an on-site cafeteria, coffee shop, game room, fitness facility, a 1 mile walking path, and views across San Diego
- Voted as one of the world’s most ethical companies for 9 years running