As strategic business partner for our Engineered Products business group, this key position will provide HR and Communications leadership for this worldwide Johns Manville (JM) business. In addition, this position serves as a member of the HR Leadership team for all of JM to create and implement strategies and tactics which support organizational business initiatives.
Our ideal candidate will be a seasoned Human Resource professional who has well-established leadership skills, proven competence acting as a business partner, the ability to develop and support human resource, communication and business strategies, a successful track record of coaching and aiding the development of key contributors, and a demonstrated ability to build relationships worldwide. Reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer with dotted line to the President for our worldwide Engineered Products business group. Position is located in Denver, CO.
- Partner with business leaders to develop and implement HR strategies aligned with business objectives.
- Identify and lead change initiatives to ensure the organization's current and future business requirements are met.
- Provide insightful assessment and feedback regarding leadership capabilities, coaching leaders at all levels to enhance their ability to deliver results through teams and individuals.
- Manage the recruitment, coaching and development of a remote HR team.
- Directly manage day-to-day HR needs for non-manufacturing team members based in North America. Partner with peer HR Director to support HR needs of NA-based manufacturing facilities.
- Provide guidance to local HR teams and managers, utilizing knowledge of employment law and compliance considerations, to manage relationships with Works Councils, Unions, and other third parties as required.
- Develop and implement employee communications strategies which support the alignment of business goals/objectives and employee engagement.
- Effectively manage talent throughout the business to ensure a pipeline of "top talent", necessary skills/capabilities are present, development plans are being managed, and rewards are aligned with objectives. Identify future potential gaps and develop plans to proactively address them.
- Lead performance management practices where expectations are clearly communicated, accurate assessments are completed, and useful feedback is provided to employees.
- Assess/lead change of organizational structures, operating rhythms and work processes to support business objectives.
- Drive common initiatives across countries including management of compensation, performance management, succession planning, talent acquisition and development, employee engagement and recognition programs.
- Coach managers in use of effective HR practices which support both employee engagement and legal compliance.
- Support efforts for positive community relations.
- Oversee administration of local benefits and payroll. Work with Director of Global Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits to develop / modify compensation and benefit strategies.
- Coordinate human capital related reporting initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with emphasis in Human Resources/Labor Relations. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive HR experience in a high-performance company known for strong strategic Human Resources.
- Proven history of developing and implementing HR strategies in partnership with business leaders.
- 5+ years managing remote HR professionals, ideally in multi-national locations.
- Proven technical HR expertise including an understanding of legal compliance and ability to identify/calibrate potential risk associated with various approaches to meeting business needs.
- Ability to work effectively with and gain acceptance for company initiatives through European Works Councils. Strong preference for experience with German Works Councils.
- Manufacturing plant experience including understanding of different shift models (24/7 manufacturing experience preferred).
- Ability to work off-hours to accommodate different time zones.
- Ability to travel 35% of the time both domestically and internationally.
- Prefer experience in a multi-national US based business.
- Additional consideration for those with multi-country experience.
Specific Skill Sets:
- Solid business and financial acumen.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing business needs and aligning organizational structure, culture and capabilities to meet those needs.
- Demonstrated success in developing and building strong business teams including the ability to assess and develop talent.
- Proven leadership ability including participation with a leadership team in developing business strategy. Must be considered as an equal member of the leadership team and exhibit willingness to be assertive with all members of the team.
- Ability to serve as advisor and coach to leaders and managers.
- Process facilitator including but not limited to managing HR processes such as staffing, employee development, training, compensation and benefits, performance management, succession planning, etc. Ability to facilitate cross functional team discussions and non-HR project work also required.
- Ability to manage in a lean, cost conscious organization.
- High bias for action/sense of urgency including strong execution skills.
- Ability to balance a leadership role which requires both strategic thinking and tactical management ranging from direct leadership of specific processes and initiatives, to supporting other HR leaders (both direct reports and peers), to working on corporate initiatives. This includes proven sensitivity to various cultures and appreciation of diverse approaches and thinking.
- Strong collaboration skills within the worldwide HR community and across the company.
- Strong communicator, able to build relationships across all organizational levels.
- Strong history of implementing process improvements and project management.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.