We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we’ve been obsessed with innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn’t last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values.
We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi’s®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to innovation, creativity and collaboration. Put simply, if you’re looking for a new opportunity, this is a great place to grow your career.
The Manager, Records Management will provide leadership direction, planning and management of our global HR records management program. You will lead the implementation of records management strategy designed to meet our policies, goals, compliance obligations and program objectives and maintain business continuity. Oversee and direct the activities to support the upgrades and purchases of new software, direct all activities associated with the transitioning of new technologies, and centralized repositories of documents for collaborative search and retrieval through electronic record-keeping. Create the development plan and implementation of electronic and physical records classification and retrieval systems.
About the Job:
- Develop the strategy for communicating the vision and direction for corporate records retention and destruction policies for both paper and electronic records to support business continuity.
- Analyze and recommend strategies and actions needed to implement policy and procedures in electronic and physical records projects as generated by various departments to provide increased transparency and corporate governance.
- Provide a policy framework to guide staff in the management of their records and use of records systems.
- Develop and administer records management policies designed to promote effective handling of business and required regulatory records and other information including complex legal and regulatory issues, often involving difficult judgments.
- Implement records management policies intended to standardize filing, protecting, and retrieving records, reports, and other information contained in electronic, paper format or other media.
- Administer the RIM system to users’ desktop and trains users on file selection and preservation.
- Provide technical direction on issues related to the transfer, preservation and accessibility of physical record content to an electronic record keeping format.
- Direct the operation of on-site and off-site physical records storage to comply with corporate retention policies; manage facility usage, inventories and budget including contracts and relationships with storage vendors including the transfer, storage retention and destruction of destruction due records in compliance with Records Management policy.
- Assist with active/inactive records maintenance, including indexing, storage, retrieval, shredding and destruction observing Company Policy and for litigation discovery support.
- Lead and launch records destruction process by capturing records due for destruction and identifying original records owner for communication and follow up.
- Administer and coordinates the destruction review process with tax, legal and department VP’s to avoid the risk of premature or accidental destruction and to avoid the storage costs of records due for destruction (both physical and electronic).
- Support and provide consultation to department Managers for the purge of onsite or offsite records in coordination with outside records management vendor.
- Confers with compliance and various departments to ensure compliance of new policies and procedures around the records management program.
- Train employees for efficient operations including filing, retrieving and transfer of physical and electronic records including audit readiness, risk aversion (misplaced records), coaching of HR records coordinators for their records handling procedures.
- 7+ years’ experience in records management, information governance or related experience; experience in financial services, risk management, compliance or operations, preferred.
- Certified Records Manager (CRM) certification, preferred.
- Experienced in records management software applications, off-site records storage and retrieval vendors.
- Previous participation and support of audits including HR, Tax and Legal.
- Proficient in transitioning hard-copy record keeping processes to electronic record keeping processing including automating lifecycle management of electronically stored information.
- Experience training users and records staff on electronic records systems and policy and procedures.
- Project management experience including documenting project milestones, procedures and reporting.
- Experience in database creation, migration and management and ability to create file plans including retention schedules in automated Records Management System.
- Bachelors’ degree required, preferably in Business or MIS.
- Organizational agility and ability to be results-focused, proactive, collaborative, and confident under pressure.
- Strong consultative skills required.
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 40% off regular-price merchandise