The Global Hospitality Director is a senior member of the JLL Client Account Team and owns the delivery models for Employee Experience globally for a major corporate account. This role also has as joint ownership of the Regional Employee Experience strategy with the regions, and is an expert in the Firm and the Industry in the Hospitality field.
This role is oversees client employee-facing services including, but not limited to, Dining Services, Meeting Services, Reception Services, Floor Ambassadors, Fleet Management, Mail Services, Shipping & Receiving, and Mobile Applications. The corporate account includes 70 countries, 800 JLL employees, and numerous vendor partners.
- The champion of hospitality, employee experience, and employee engagement
- Accountable for raising our game in hospitality service delivery
- Manages Global Subject Matter Experts (GSME) who are experts in various service lines including Meeting Services SME, Fleet SME, EX SME, Dining SME, etc.
- Leads and coaches GSMEs to achieve and over-deliver on Pillar and Service Line KPIs , ensuring contract compliance
- Outstanding client service skills and the ability to create strong client trust and confidence
- Maintain strong Pillar capability and processes within the account
- Best Practices – Develop and deploy Best Practices/SOPs/Policies & Procedures. (Industry, JLL, and client best practices & procedures), including reporting routines, financial planning model and reconciliations and fee management (for hospitality-related subject matter)
- Industry Knowledge and Experience - Collect, analyze, opine and share Industry news and practices. Build a network within the Industry
- Benchmarking – Ongoing tracking and communication of results versus industry and JLL, as applicable and relevant
- Training & Development – Advise on technical specific training needs & resources, with some leading of training as appropriate
- Compliance and Contract – Ensure the account understands compliance requirements and has appropriate solutions, including contract compliance for all employee-facing services
- Staffing & Delivery Model – Lead contributor to staffing, sourcing, and delivery model analyses and practices
- Global Escalations – Ensure resolution of global escalations. The GSME ensures the model is capable of meeting requirements, and regions have appropriate communications and training available to deliver the model
- Performance Measurement Methodology – Shared accountability for KPI and Satisfaction Survey results
- Analytics and Business Intelligence (BI) – Lead and champion the strategy and model to be used within the Pillar, working in conjunction with the BI Team. Able to personally navigate and analyze data and make strategic recommendations
- Strategic Planning – Develop and align Strategic Plans - 1, 3, 5 Years. The EEPL is accountable for developing and aligning strategic plans. Strategic plans must be aligned with the account plan, priorities, and resource levels
- Critical Competencies – Confirm and track the critical competencies and work with the regions to ensure succession plans and hiring maintain competency
- Technology Solutions – Ensure the function is using appropriate, and world class, technology solutions
- Directs reports of 3-6 GSMEs and influences dozens of personnel working in the subject area on the account
- Acts as the voice of authority for the subject matter (i.e., account, the client, the Firm, industry).
- Advises and consults the account leadership.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the specific field
- Hospitality/Hotel experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Expertise –Proven expertise in the hospitality industry, with achievements of driving step-change results
- Manage by Influence – Works virtually, cross regions, and with a high degree of independence
- Relationship Building – Collaborates and communicates with the client, across the account, within the Firm, and within the industry
- Leveraging the Firm and the Industry – Aware of and connects across the Firm Industry and regions for best practices and leading strategies
- Negotiation and Implementation– Negotiates and implements win-win outcomes on strategy and delivery
- Simplifying Complexity – Provides customized solutions that work in various environments across the globe, but still enable consistency where required
- If role is staffed in Chicago approximately 30- 50% travel the first year, and less than 20% the following years
- If the role is staffed in Cincinnati approximately 10% travel