Job Description:See More
The Health Economics Director develops and leads a Global Health Economics (GHE) value-evidence strategy for several Amgen Oncology Pipeline Assets from first in human to launch in major markets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Plans and leads an integrated, multinational research program to support the asset, in alignment with the strategy, tracks and executes the GHE plan and delivers against goals.
2. Coordinates product and project activities.
3. Has budget responsibility and immediately directs and develops staff.
4. Develops strategy and selection of Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs) for interventional trials and observational studies. Develops FDA briefing documents for PRO label discussions.
5. Develops core economic models with vendors or Amgen internal center of excellence. Works with Amgen international affiliates to adapt core economic models for regional use.
6. Designs all areas of existing data studies, develops or approves research project plans and oversees execution.
7. Develops and communicates the Global Value Dossier (GVD) and final value propositions and validates that the regional dossiers are consistent with the GVD.
8. Designs or approves GHE-related aspects such as statistical analysis plan (SAP) of observational studies and interventional trials and consults on study execution.
9. Consults on the strategic and tactical plan for GHE publications and the Global Publication Plan; helps preparing GHE publications for dissemination.
10. Develops or consults on global reimbursement strategy and value proposition for payers.
11. Navigates in a rapidly evolving oncology reimbursement landscape in US and other regions.
Doctorate degree and 4 years of health economics and outcomes research experience
Master's degree and 8 years of health economics and outcomes research experience
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of health economics and outcomes research experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
Masters or PhD in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, or PharmD
5+ years of experience in global outcomes research including dossier submissions for reimbursement.
5+ years of experience in PRO/HRQOL research including questionnaire design, evaluation, and/or analysis.
5+ years of experience developing pharmacoeconomic models.
Sound understanding of current oncology reimbursement trends in the US and other regions.
Demonstrated experience in applying knowledge of epidemiology, economics, psychometrics and medical writing to prepare GHE publications for dissemination.
Experience working with consumers of outcomes information.
Oncology therapeutic experience.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by
discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since
1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.?
Valid through: 11/12/2020