We take pride in being a strategic scientific advisor to payers, providers, and patients. By generating high-quality data insights about diseases and treatments and translating those findings, we help KMEs, HCPs, payors, and regulators make informed decisions for people with these serious conditions. We ensure that the voice of the patients is heard, considering their feedback and experience with our therapies.
Functioning at a Director level, the Global Head of Scientific Partnerships will be responsible for providing strategic direction, insights and leadership for the scientific communication strategy and oversee the execution of all scientific communication deliverables. The Director will oversee a team that is responsible for the tactical execution of all scientific communication deliverables, including publications, field material, digital work, and Medical congresses.
- Provide strategic direction, insights and leadership for the development of Scientific Communication Strategies that will shape how the Biogen communicates regarding our products and TA’s.
- Lead, develop and empower a team of Scientific Communication professionals who are responsible for highly effective and impactful deliverables including abstracts, posters, manuscripts, publication extenders, foundational material and field materials.
- Form effective partnerships with Field Excellence and Medical Field Leadership to ensure a strong understanding of the Scientific Communication Strategy for each product and therapeutic area that will enable execution. Maintain a standard feedback mechanism for constant improvement for all field materials.
- Maintain and continuously improve strategies and processes designed to effectively communicate our data internally, externally, and across many different disciplines. Champion new approaches for modern and digital medical communications by actively maintaining awareness of industry trends to ensure the team remains relevant and competitive.
- Develop and manage a budget that can be complex given the uncertainty of the advancement of the clinical programs – understand risks that are associated with spend, the trade-offs as well as FTE and vendor resource management.
- Provide strong leadership for the Scientific Communications function and participate on the leadership team. Be a coach, mentor, teacher for junior members of the Sci Comm team as well as Scientific Partnerships.
- PharmD, PhD or MD degree is required
- 10+ years post-doctorate healthcare or related experience
- 8+ years Medical Affairs experience or related industry experience
- 5+ years budgetary and direct/indirect people management experience
- Demonstrated organizational leadership and people management expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.