HubSpot is looking for a Global Head of SEO to be responsible for developing and rolling out the SEO strategy for all HubSpot's key markets. This involves managing and growing the team of highly-talented individuals on the SEO team (currently made up of 6 individuals).
The role will be based out of Cambridge, MA and will rely on a local office presence to manage, train and give regular strategic direction to the team. A part of the team will also be based outside of Cambridge, so the Senior Manager, SEO will need to have experience in remote leadership. As well as managing a direct team, liaising with the user acquisition team, content team and product team will be a necessity to ensure that the SEO strategy is working in sync with the rest of our acquisition efforts.
As a senior leader within HubSpot, the Global Head of SEO should be seen as a thought leader in their field and have several years of experience running high profile SEO campaigns. They should be comfortable presenting on behalf of the company at industry events, as well as articulating their overall growth vision to senior leadership internally.
Expansion across HubSpot's major non-English markets will be a key component of the role in 2019. The company has ambitious growth targets for organic growth in the .com web property (40% growth YoY by the end of 2019), and even loftier growth targets for non-English web properties (75% YoY growth by the end of 2019).
In This Role, You'll Get To:
- Develop and own the global SEO strategy for all of HubSpot's web properties.
- Lead and expand the SEO team, comprised of individual contributors and people managers, based across three different countries.
- Work closely with our best-in-class content team, web team, and product engineering team to deploy your SEO strategy.
- Own a large budget to be used specifically for SEO projects and experimentation. The team will also have access to most industry leading SEO and analytics software.
- Manage the day-to-day operations, goal setting, career development, performance management, and growth of one of the most talented SEO teams in the B2B space.
- Grow your own personal profile by representing HubSpot at industry speaking engagements, as well as having regular interactions with the senior leadership team.
- Partner closely with each of the regional teams to ensure that international SEO goals are hit, building out scalable growth playbooks in the process.
- Partnering with the user acquisition team to support the growth of our free software signups globally.
- Regularly travel as part of the role as the team will be distributed over a number of offices around the world.
We Are Looking for People Who:
- Held a marketing leadership role with a focus on SEO.
- Have strong experience in managing teams of 5+ people that are highly talented, top performers in their field. Ideally, also having experience with remote leadership.
- Can demonstrate their proven track record of developing the strategy and executing on high profile SEO campaigns.
- Have a good understanding of acquisition marketing overall and how SEO fits into this.
- The ability to juggle multiple company-wide goals and working with multiple teams at once.
- Strong communication skills, in particular with articulating a broader growth vision, and regularly reporting on progress, to senior leadership.
- Have extensive experience in working with data to form the basis of a growth strategy, as well as regularly reporting on progress.
- Experience in running B2B SEO campaigns is preferred but definitely not required