ICON is the fastest growing Peri&Post-Approval Evidence Generation provider in the industry. We are the market leader in experience and expertise, and second largest provider by size and footprint. We are currently looking for a Global Head of Operations to join our RWE team.
ICON’s dedicated late phase research incorporates real world evidence expertise and unique operational capabilities to design and execute late phase studies that address stakeholder requirements and position drugs and medical devices for greater market access. Our team consists of 90 dedicated late phase Project Directors, Project Managers, and clinical trial; managers across 18 countries. Our team has a deep therapeutic experience spanning all major therapeutic areas including Oncology, Musculoskeletal, Gastrointestinal, Respiratory and Infectious Diseases as well as Rare and Orphan Indications.
Global Head of Operations effectively manages the activities of assigned staff, which may include directors, project managers and others in a manner that ensures all timeframes and targets are met and that costs are kept under control. Serves as a senior level liaison with clients, overseeing project delivery and revenue management and represents ICO in Business Development activities and meet assigned revenue targets. To provide leadership and assist the VP with effectively managing PAOR effectively.
- · Meet or exceed assigned revenue targets by leading the delivery and delivering insightful proposals using the full complement of ICON SMEs that address complex client issues.
- · Serve as a trusted partner to aligned clients, anticipating their areas of greatest needs and proactively develop solutions
- · Work closely with account executives to oversee the development of account plans and client strategy
- · Develop and/or elevate new business opportunities through the identification of follow-on work and new leads
- · Maintain and increase your network in assigned accounts, through regular in-person and telephone touchpoints
- · Provide senior oversight to the management of project financials, including but not limited to, change in scope, client and vendor invoicing/reimbursement, grant payments
- · Ensure high-quality, on-time, on-budget delivery of assigned projects in adherence with SOPs and appropriate regulations and liaises with other department managers as necessary to achieve this
- · Minimize escalations by providing proactive support to the project team and ensure smooth project operations – minimize internal distractions for the PM by removing internal obstacles from their path through networking within ICON
- · Keep senior management informed of project status in relation to quality, timelines and staff issues
- · Leverage strong project delivery to increase client relationships and visibility
- · Provide senior oversight to the development and maintenance of project management documents, including but not limited to, project timelines, project management plans, communication plans and risk analysis plans
- · Provide senior oversight to the review/approval of project related materials, including but not limited to, protocol/guidelines, informed consent forms, case report forms, site training materials, reports, newsletters
- · Serve as mentor and manager to assigned direct reports, responsible for their ongoing performance management
- · Responsible for developing the next generation of PAOR leaders, both for your own direct reports as well as the PMs you oversee on projects
- · Proactively manage team members, discussing any performance issues of other individuals who are working on your projects with their managers so timely reinforcements are done
- · Maintains a working knowledge of HR policies and procedures
- · Bachelor’s degree or local equivalent, in medicine, science or relevant discipline. Master’s degree and Late phase experience preferred.
- · Proficient in computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
- · Travel (approximately 35%) domestic and/or international
- · A minimum of 10 years relevant research experience required including 6 years of project management and 5 years of line management experience. A minimum of 3 years late phase experience is required.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
ICON provides the innovative resources to be successful in delivering results, inspiring others and becoming a trusted partner. We offer an exceptional benefits package that includes a comprehensive health plan, retirement plans, highly competitive pay, corporate bonus plan, time away from work, and many other incentives amongst an opportunity to grow your career within our organization.
Following your application you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters and if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.